吃透英语课本,提升在校竞争力
phrase. 最后;在终点
At the end of every year, Nian goes into the village and eats people!
每年年底,年都会去村里吃人!
At ours they had at the end of the bill, French, music, and washing—extra.
在我们这儿,招贴的最后一项还有法语、音乐和洗衣——选修。
That reminds me—what's that little door at the end of the passage?
这倒提醒了我——过道尽头那扇小门是什么?
At the end of twenty steps the corridor ended in a jumping-off place.
走了二十步,通道往下到了尽头。
When we are at the end of the story, we shall know more than we know now.
当故事结束的时候,我们所知道的将比现在更多。
'You are going to be sent home,' Basil said to her, 'at the end of the week.'
“这个周末你就要被送回家去了。”巴兹尔对她说。
I lost my way when I was coming back and I stopped at the end of your corridor.
我回来的时候迷路了,我在你走廊的尽头停了下来。
When Mrs. Medlock left her at the end of her own corridor Mary flew back to her room.
梅德洛克太太把她领到通向她房间的走廊就走了,玛丽飞奔回自己的房间。
'Now,' he said at the end of the story, 'it need not be a secret any more.'
“现在,”他在故事的结尾说,“这不再是秘密了。”
At the end of half an hour, they were wading through the tall grass of the graveyard.
半小时后,他们就在墓地的高草丛中跋涉。