Fu Xing: Today is 3rd December. Happy birthday, Helen!
翻译:付星:今天是12月3日。生日快乐,海伦!
Helen: Thank you, Fu Xing!
翻译:海伦:谢谢你,付星!
Fu Xing: How old are you?
翻译:付星:你多大了?
Helen: I’m 15. And you?
翻译:海伦:我15岁。你呢?
Fu Xing: I’m 13.
翻译:付星:我13岁。
Helen: When is your birthday?
翻译:海伦:你的生日是什么时候?
Fu Xing: On 22nd August.
翻译:付星:8月22日。
Helen: So can you come to my birthday party?
翻译:海伦:那你能来参加我的生日聚会吗?
Fu Xing: Sure! When is it?
翻译:付星:当然!什么时候?
Helen: At 6 o’clock this evening.
翻译:海伦:今晚6点。
Fu Xing: I’d love to come!
翻译:付星:我很乐意去!
Teng Fei: Ella, can you help me? I want to give my father a birthday gift.
翻译:腾飞:艾拉,你能帮我吗?我想给爸爸一份生日礼物。
Ella: Oh, that’s sweet, Teng Fei! When is his birthday?
翻译:艾拉:哦,那太好了,腾飞!他的生日是什么时候?
Teng Fei: On 9th January, next month.
翻译:腾飞:下个月1月9日。
Ella: That’s soon! You can make a card for him.
翻译:艾拉:那很快了!你可以为他做一张卡片。
Teng Fei: That’s a good idea!
翻译:腾飞:好主意!
Peter: Meimei, when is Ms Gao’s birthday?
翻译:彼得:梅梅,高老师的生日是什么时候?
Meimei: Why do you ask?
翻译:梅梅:你为什么这么问?
Peter: Because I want us all to give her a surprise.
翻译:彼得:因为我想让我们都给她一个惊喜。
Meimei: Sounds fun! Her birthday is on 12th June.
翻译:梅梅:听起来很有趣!她的生日是6月12日。
Peter: Let’s sing a song for her. I’ll play the guitar.
翻译:彼得:我们为她唱首歌吧。我会弹吉他。
Meimei: Great idea!
翻译:梅梅:好主意!
Teng Fei: Hi, Peter! It’s Ella and Emma’s birthday soon. How about a surprise party for them?
翻译:腾飞:嗨,彼得!埃拉和艾玛的生日快到了。我们给她们办个惊喜派对吧?
Peter: Good idea! Let’s go and buy something for the party.
翻译:彼得:好主意!我们现在就去采购派对用品。
Woman: Good morning. Can I help you?
翻译:女店员:早上好。需要帮忙吗?
Teng Fei: Yes, please. How much is this birthday cake?
翻译:腾飞:是的。这个生日蛋糕多少钱?
Woman: We have a sale today. It’s 85 yuan, and it comes with some candles.
翻译:女店员:今天特价85元,附赠蜡烛。
Peter: Good, we’ll take it. How much are those oranges?
翻译:彼得:太好了,我们要这个。那些橙子怎么卖?
Woman: Six yuan a kilo. How many kilos do you want?
翻译:女店员:六元一公斤。您要几公斤?
Peter: Five kilos, please. Teng Fei, how about some yogurt?
翻译:彼得:请来五公斤。滕飞,要不要买些酸奶?
Teng Fei: Sure. How much is the yogurt?
翻译:腾飞:当然。酸奶多少钱?
Woman: Five yuan a bottle.
翻译:女店员:五元一瓶。
Teng Fei: 10 bottles, please. What’s the total?
翻译:腾飞:请拿十瓶。总共多少钱?
Woman: 165 yuan.
翻译:女店员:165元。
Teng Fei: Here you are.
翻译:腾飞:给你。
Woman: Thank you! Have a nice day!
翻译:女店员:谢谢!祝你们今天愉快!
Teng Fei & Peter: Thanks. You too.
翻译:腾飞&彼得:谢谢。您也是。
Section B How do you make your birthday meaningful?
翻译:部分B 你如何使你的生日变得有意义?
1b Read the posts from an online forum.
翻译:阅读在线论坛的帖子。
Choose the main idea of the posts.
翻译:选择帖子的大意。
A.How to celebrate birthdays A.
翻译:如何庆祝生日
B.Who to celebrate birthdays with B.
翻译:和谁一起庆祝生日
C.Where to celebrate birthdays C.
翻译:在哪里庆祝生日
Birthday Celebrations
翻译:生日庆祝
My birthday is on 13th June.
翻译:我的生日是在6月13日。
On that day, I always eat birthday noodles with eggs.
翻译:在那一天,我总是吃带有鸡蛋的长寿面。
Long noodles are a symbol of long life.
翻译:长面象征着长寿。
Every year, my family and I take a photo together under the big tree in our village.
翻译:每年,我和我的家人都会在我们村的大树下一起拍照。
I like taking photos because they help me remember fun times with my family.
翻译:我喜欢拍照,因为它们帮助我记住与家人的快乐时光。
This year,I want to plant a small tree for my 14th birthday.
翻译:今年,我想为我的14岁生日种一棵小树。
I'd like to watch it grow with me.
翻译:我喜欢看着它和我一起成长。
When is your birthday?
翻译:你的生日 是什么时候?
How do you celebrate it?
翻译:你是如何庆祝的?
It's a great idea to plant a tree for your birthday!
翻译:为你的生日种一棵树是个很好的主意!
My birthday is on 28th July.
翻译:我的生日是在7月28日。
I usually have a party with my friends to celebrate.
翻译:我通常会和朋友们开派对来庆祝。
My mother always makes my favourite chocolate cake.
翻译:我妈妈总是做我最喜欢的巧克力蛋糕。
Everyone sings the Happy Birthday song,
翻译:每个人都唱“生日快乐”歌,
and then I make a wish and blow out the candles.
翻译:然后我许愿并吹灭蜡烛。
Next, we enjoy the cake, and I open all my gifts.
翻译:接下来,我们享用蛋糕,我打开所有的礼物。
My father marks my height on the door every year.
翻译:我爸爸每年都会在门上标记我的身高。
It's fun to look at the marks later.
翻译:后来看着这些标记很有趣。
Next time, I also want to do something different.
翻译:下次,我也想做一些不同的事情。
Any good ideas?
翻译:有什么好主意吗?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
翻译:生日快乐
It's so wonderful to watch you grow up.
翻译:看着你成长真是太棒了。
I like to see your smile every day!
翻译:我喜欢每天看到你的笑容!
Thank you for bringing joy to the family.
翻译:感谢你给家庭带来欢乐。
Sometimes you do drive me up the wall with your loud music.
翻译:有时候你的大声音乐确实让我抓狂。
But I wouldn't change a thing about you.
翻译:但关于你,我一点都不想改变。
I love you so much.
翻译:我非常爱你。
You laugh all the time,
翻译:你总是笑个不停,
and you have no worries-you're everything I want in a friend.
翻译:没有任何烦恼——你是我理想中的朋友。
Don't ever change!
翻译:永远不要改变!
Stay as amazing as you are,my dear friend.
翻译:保持你的惊人之处,我亲爱的朋友。
Always remember that if you fall, I'll pick you up.
翻译:请永远记住,如果你跌倒了,我会扶你起来。
Happy birthday,and stay happy every day!
翻译:生日快乐,愿你每天都快乐!
Your best friend forever,
翻译:你永远的好朋友,
To my wonderful mum,
翻译:给我最棒的妈妈,
I wish you a happy birthday!
翻译:祝你生日快乐!
Thank you so much for taking care of me
翻译:非常感谢你照顾我并爱我,
and loving me every day you so much a beautiful kind woman.
翻译:你是一个善良的女人。
I want to be just like you when | grow up.
翻译:我长大后想成为像你一样的人。
Your loving daughter,
翻译:你爱你的女儿,
The Chinese Zodiac
翻译:中国生肖
Chinese people use twelve animals to name the year of a person's birth.
翻译:中国人用十二种动物来命名一个人的出生年份。
Do you know why the Chinese use these animals to name their birth years?
翻译:你知道为什么中国人用这些动物来命名他们的出生年份吗?
One of the folk stories goes like this:
翻译:其中一个民间故事是这样的:
A long time ago,
翻译:很久以前,
people didn't know their birth years and could not remember their ages.
翻译:人们不知道自己的出生年份,也无法记住自己的年龄。
The Jade Emperor then wanted to choose twelve animals as the Chinese zodiac,
翻译:玉皇大帝于是想选择十二种动物作为中国的生肖,
one animal for each year.
翻译:每种动物代表一年。
How would he do?
翻译:他会怎么做呢?
He asked all animals to join a race.
翻译:他要求所有的动物参加一场比赛。
The first twelve animals won the race.
翻译:前十二名到达终点的动物赢得了比赛。
These animals are rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat,monkey,rooster, dog, and pig.
翻译:这些动物分别是鼠、牛、虎、兔、龙、蛇、马、羊、猴、鸡、狗和猪。
Now every Chinese person is connected with a zodiac animal.
翻译:现在每个中国人都与一个生肖动物相连。
What is your zodiac animal?
翻译:你的生肖动物是什么?