Ms Brown: Mary, slow down! Don’t run in the hallway, please.
翻译:布朗老师:玛丽,慢点!请不要在走廊里跑。
Mary: I’m sorry! I don’t want to be late.
翻译:玛丽:对不起!我不想迟到。
Ms Brown: Sally, you know the rules. You can only wear the uniform at school. You can’t wear that jacket here.
翻译:布朗老师:莎莉,你知道规则的。你只能在学校穿校服。你不能穿这件夹克。
Sally: Sorry, Ms Brown.
翻译:萨利:对不起,布朗老师。
Ms Brown: Why is there a bottle here?
翻译:布朗老师:为什么这里有一个瓶子?
Tony: Oh! Sorry, Ms Brown. Sorry.
翻译:托尼: 哦!对不起,布朗老师。对不起。
Ms Brown: Tony, you know you mustn’t litter. We have to keep the school clean and tidy.
翻译:布朗老师:托尼,你知道你不能乱扔垃圾。我们必须保持学校的干净整洁。
Tony: Yes, Ms Brown.
翻译:托尼:是的,布朗老师。
Ms Brown: Good morning, students.
翻译:布朗老师:早上好,同学们。
This morning I had to tell some students to follow the school rules.
翻译:今天早上我不得不告诉一些学生跟着学校的规则。
Please remember them, everyone!
翻译:请记住他们,每个人!
Walk in the hallway. Don’t run!
翻译:走在走廊里。不要跑!
You have to wear the uniform.
翻译:你必须穿制服。
You mustn’t wear other clothes to school instead.
翻译:你不能穿别的衣服去上学。
Don’t litter. Make sure to keep the school tidy.
翻译:不乱丢垃圾。确保保持学校整洁。
And most importantly, we must be polite and treat everyone with respect.
翻译:最重要的是,我们必须有礼貌尊重每个人。
If we follow these rules,
翻译:如果我们遵守这些规则,
we can have a happy and safe school!
翻译:我们可以有一个快乐和快乐的生活安全的学校!
Anne: Hi, I’m Anne. What’s your name?
翻译:安妮:嗨,我是安妮。你叫什么名字?
Tom: Hello! I’m Tom. It’s my first day here.
翻译:汤姆:你好!我是汤姆。这是我在这里的第一天。
Anne: It’s nice to meet you, Tom! Is everything OK?
翻译:安妮:很高兴见到你,汤姆!一切都还好吗?
Tom: Well, I can’t find my pencil box. I think it’s in my locker.
翻译:汤姆:嗯,我找不到我的铅笔盒了。我想在我的储物柜里。
Anne: Here, I can lend you my pen.
翻译:安妮:来,我可以把我的笔借给你。
Tom: Thanks! Would you like a sweet?
翻译:汤姆: 谢谢!你想来点甜食吗?
Anne: No, thank you. We can’t eat snacks in class.
翻译:安妮:不了,谢谢。我们不能在课堂上吃零食。
Tom: Can we drink water?
翻译:汤姆:我们可以喝水吗?
Anne: Yes, of course.
翻译:安妮:是的,当然。
Tom: OK, thanks ... Oh! I’m sorry, I have to answer my phone.
翻译:汤姆:好的,谢谢……哦!抱歉,我得去接电话。
Anne: Oh, but we mustn’t bring our mobile phones to class. We have to turn them off and keep them in our lockers. That’s another rule.
翻译:安妮:哦,但是我们不能带手机来上课。我们得把它们关掉,然后在我们的储物柜里。这是另一条规则。
Tom: OK! Thanks for telling me, Anne.
翻译:汤姆: 好!谢谢你告诉我,安妮。
Anne: You’re welcome, Tom.
翻译:安妮:不客气,汤姆。
Section B How can rules help us?
翻译:部分B 规则如何帮助我们?
1b Read Alice's letter to Dr Know and Dr Know's reply.
翻译:阅读爱丽丝给万事通博士的信以及万事通博士的回复。
Then answer the questions.
翻译:然后回答问题。
1. Why is Alice unhappy?
翻译:爱丽丝为什么不开心?
2.Does Dr Know think Alice is right?
翻译:万事通博士认为爱丽丝说得对吗?
Dear Dr Know.
翻译:亲爱的万事通博士,
Help!There are too many rules in my life.
翻译:救命啊!我家里有太多规则了。
Every morning,I have to make my bed before breakfast.
翻译:每天早上,我必须在吃早餐前整理床铺。
I have to hurry to school because can't be late for school.
翻译:我必须匆忙去学校,因为我不能迟到。
When I'm in school, I mustn't use my phone in class either.
翻译:当我在学校时,我也不能在课堂上使用手机。
And I have to wear the uniform.
翻译:我必须穿校服。
After school, there are even more rules.
翻译:放学后,甚至有更多的规则!
l I have to finish my homework first,
翻译:我必须先完成作业,
I can only play basketball after I practise the piano.
翻译:我只能在练习钢琴后打篮球。
I can't hang out with my friends on weekdays.
翻译:我工作日不能和朋友出去玩。
I know some rules are important but this is awful!
翻译:我知道有些规则很重要,但这太糟糕了。
Yes, there are many rules in life!
翻译:是的,生活中有很多规则!
But they can help you to become a better person.
翻译:但它们可以帮助你成为一个更好的人。
You mustn't be late for class.
翻译:你不能迟到上课。
That shows respect for your class and teacher.
翻译:这表示对班级和老师的尊重。
You can't use your phone in class because you need to focus on learning.
翻译:你不能在课堂上使用手机,因为你需要专注于学习。
You have to wear a uniform because it builds school spirit.
翻译:你必须穿校服,因为这可以培养学校精神。
You can also think about the things you can do!
翻译:你也可以想想你能做的事情!
You can use your phone at home.
翻译:你可以在家使用手机。
You can relax after you finish your homework.
翻译:你可以在完成作业后放松。
And you can hang out with friends at weekends!
翻译:你可以在周末和朋友出去玩!
I know it's hard, but rules can help to make the world better.
翻译:我知道这很难,但规则可以帮助世界变得更好。
No rules,no order!
翻译:没有规则,就没有秩序!
Rules around Us
翻译:我们周围的规则
No flash photography.
翻译:请勿使用闪光灯拍照
Do not bring food or drink near exhibits.
翻译:请勿将食物或饮料带入展览区。
Do not touch exhibits.
翻译:请勿触摸展品。
Turn off or silence your phones.
翻译:请关闭或静音您的手机。
Do not push others to get to the front of the crowd.
翻译:请勿推搡他人以挤到人群前面。
Watch your step around exhibits.
翻译:在展品周围请小心行走
Do not shout or make loud noises.
翻译:请勿大声喧哗或制造噪音。
Do not feed the animals.
翻译:不要给动物喂食。
Do not litter.
翻译:不要乱扔垃圾。
Do not shout or make loud noises.
翻译:不要大声喧哗或制造噪音。
Do not disturb the animals.
翻译:不要打扰动物。
Do not climb over or put your hands or arms through fences.
翻译:不要翻越围栏或将手或手臂伸进围栏。
No flash photography.
翻译:请勿使用闪光灯拍照。
Follow instructions when yo take part in activities.
翻译:参与活动时请遵守指示。
Arrive early or on time.
翻译:提前或准时到达。
Wear formal clothes.
翻译:穿着正式服装。
Take your seats quickly and do not block the aisles.
翻译:快速入座,不要阻塞过道。
No filming or photography.
翻译:禁止拍摄或摄影。
Turn off your phones.
翻译:请关闭手机。
Do not talk during the performance.
翻译:演出期间不要交谈。
Clap only at the end of the performance.
翻译:只在演出结束时鼓掌。
Do not run in the pool area.
翻译:不要在泳池区域奔跑。
Do not dive or jump into the pool.
翻译:不要跳水或跳入泳池。
Children and swimming learners must always be with a good swimmer.
翻译:儿童和学游泳的人必须始终有会游泳的人陪伴。
Do not bring food or drink to the pool area.
翻译:不要将食物或饮料带入泳池区域。
Wear swimming suits in the pool.
翻译:在泳池中请穿泳装。
Only change clothes in the correct areas.
翻译:只在指定区域更衣。
No pets allowed.
翻译:禁止携带宠物。
Shower before entering the pool.
翻译:进入泳池前请淋浴。
Keep to the Rules
翻译:遵守规则
Mencius once said,
翻译:孟子曾经说过:
“Even with Li Lou's keen vision and Lu Ban's skill, “
翻译:即使有离娄的好眼力和鲁班的好手艺,
they cannot draw either squares or circles without using a ruler or a compass.
翻译:如果不使用圆规和曲尺,他们也无法画出方形和圆形。”
Li Lou was a man with good eyesight,
翻译:离娄是一个视力非常好的人,
and Lu Ban was a man with good skill of hand.
翻译:而鲁班是一个手艺非常高超的人。
Mencius believed that people could not draw a fine circle or a square
翻译:孟子认为,即使有鲁班和离娄那样的才能,
without tools even with great talent such as the talents Lu Ban and Li Lou had.
翻译:如果没有工具,人们也无法画出完美的圆形或方形。
The saying tells us that nothing can be done if there are no rules to go by.
翻译:这句话告诉我们,如果没有规则可以遵循,就什么事情也做不了。
Rules put the world in order.
翻译:规则使世界变得有序。
There are many rules that we should keep to,
翻译:有许多规则我们应该遵守,
such as rules in the library,in the classroom, or in the hospital.
翻译:比如图书馆的规则、教室的规则或者医院的规则。
Can you share some more rules in your family?
翻译:你能分享一下你家里的更多规则吗?