Making New Friends at School
翻译:在学校结交新朋友
Hello, boys and girls!
翻译:你们好,孩子们!
Do you like to make new friends at school?
翻译:你们喜欢在学校结交新朋友吗?
Yes? Here's some of my advice.
翻译:喜欢吧?下面是我的一些建议。
First, don't be shy!
翻译:首先,不要害羞!
Try to talk to all of your classmates.
翻译:试着和你所有的同班同学交谈。
Smile and say, "Hello! What's your name?"
翻译:微笑着说:“你好!你叫什么名字?”
If you didn't hear the name clearly, try, "Sorry, can you repeat that for me, please?"
翻译:如果你没有听清楚名字,可以说:“对不起,请你(为我)重复一遍好吗?”
Then give your name and say, "Nice to meet you!"
翻译:然后报上你的名字,说:“很高兴认识你!”
It's really as simple as that!
翻译:就这么简单!
It's important to get people's names right.
翻译:准确记住别人的名字很重要。
If you get them wrong, they might feel sad!
翻译:如果你记错了,他们可能会感到难过!
Second, ask questions!
翻译:其次,多问问题!
Ask about school, sport, music, and more!
翻译:问一些关于学校、体育、音乐以及其他方面的问题!
As you listen, think of more questions to ask.
翻译:一边听,一边想出更多问题来问。
So when your classmate stops talking, you can jump in and ask another question!
翻译:这样,当你的同学停止说话时,你就可以插入另一个问题!
But remember, you have to be a good listener before you can ask good questions.
翻译:但是要记住,在提出好问题之前,你得先做一个好的倾听者。
Last, don't forget to share!
翻译:最后,不要忘记分享!
Tell your classmates something interesting about yourself.
翻译:告诉你的同学一些你自己的趣事。
Then your new friends can get to know you too!
翻译:这样,你的新朋友也能了解你!
Soon enough, you'll be the best of friends!
翻译:很快,你们就会成为最好的朋友!
I hope you find my advice helpful!
翻译:我希望我的建议对你们有所帮助!
Now go make some new friends!
翻译:现在去结交几个新朋友吧!
1. Find the three pieces of advice from the text and write them below.
翻译:1. 从课文中找出三条建议,并写在下面。
2. Can you think of another piece of advice about how to make new friends?
翻译:2. 你能想出另一条关于如何结交新朋友的建议吗?
Family Ties in Names
翻译:姓名中的家族纽带
Hello! My name is Alan, and I'm from the UK.
翻译:你好!我叫艾伦,来自英国。
Here most people have a first, middle, and last name.
翻译:在这里,大多数人都有一个前名、中间名和后名。
My full name is Alan Luke Wood.
翻译:我的全名是艾伦·卢克·伍德。
Alan is my first name, Luke is my middle name, and Wood is my last name.
翻译:艾伦是我的前名,卢克是我的中间名,伍德是我的后名。
We also call the last name a "family name" or "surname".
翻译:我们也称后名为“家族名”或“姓氏”。
My grandfather also has three names.
翻译:我爷爷也有三个名字。
His full name is George Charles Wood.
翻译:他的全名是乔治·查尔斯·伍德。
My father's name is the same as my grandfather's.
翻译:我爸爸的名字和我爷爷的一模一样。
Can you guess why?
翻译:你能猜到原因吗?
It shows great respect for my grandfather.
翻译:这样做是表示对我爷爷的敬意。
People call my father George Charles Wood Junior, and they call my grandfather George Charles Wood Senior.
翻译:人们叫我爸爸小乔治·查尔斯·伍德,他们叫我爷爷老乔治·查尔斯·伍德。
My mother's name was Linda Grant, but now her name is Linda Wood.
翻译:我妈妈的名字原先是琳达·格兰特,但她现在的名字是琳达·伍德。
Because in the UK, a woman often changes her family name to her husband's family name.
翻译:因为在英国,妇女通常会将自己的姓氏改为丈夫的姓氏。
Sometimes, however, the woman's last name and the man's last name are joined together.
翻译:但是,有时候,女性的姓氏和男性的姓氏连在一起。
This allows both family names to live on.
翻译:这样,两个姓氏都可以延续下去。
Names show family ties.
翻译:姓名是家族纽带的体现。
What do you think?
翻译:你觉得呢?
1. Read the text and circle the correct words to complete the sentences.
翻译:1. 阅读课文,圈出正确的单词以完成句子。
2. Discuss the questions.
翻译:2. 讨论问题。
1. In English names, which is the surname, the first or the last name?
翻译:1. 在英文名字中,哪个是姓氏,前名还是后名?
How about Chinese names?
翻译:中文名字呢?
2. How do Chinese parents come up with names for their children?
翻译:2. 中国父母是如何给孩子起名字的?
3. What is the meaning of your name?
翻译:3. 你的名字是什么意思?
My Floating School
翻译:我的漂浮学校
My name is Sadia Khatun.
翻译:我叫萨迪亚·哈顿。
I'm from Bangladesh.
翻译:我来自孟加拉国。
It's difficult to walk on some roads in the rainy season here.
翻译:在这里,雨季时,有些道路难以步行。
So how do I go to school?
翻译:那我怎么上学呢?
The school comes to me!
翻译:学校会来到我身边!
I study on a "floating school".
翻译:我在一所“漂浮学校”上学。
My floating school is a "school bus" and classroom all in one.
翻译:我的漂浮学校集“校车”和教室于一体。
The boat picks me up early in the morning.
翻译:每天一大早,船会来接我。
Our classroom is on the boat too.
翻译:我们的教室也在船上。
There are several boats on the river at the same time.
翻译:河上同时有好几条船。
Each boat has one teacher and one class.
翻译:每条船上有一位老师和一个班级。
The teacher teaches us all the subjects.
翻译:这位老师教我们所有的科目。
The boat is long and wide.
翻译:船又长又宽。
We sit at wooden desks.
翻译:我们坐在木制的课桌旁。
Big windows bring in lots of sunlight and fresh air.
翻译:大大的窗户带来充足的阳光和新鲜的空气。
There's a blackboard at the front.
翻译:前面有一块黑板。
There's a computer next to it, and it gets its power from the sun.
翻译:它旁边有一台电脑,电力来自太阳。
At the end of the school day, the boat takes me home.
翻译:放学时,船会载我回家。
I learn a lot at my school and have fun too.
翻译:我在学校里学到了很多东西,也过得很开心。
I love my floating school!
翻译:我爱我的漂浮学校!
1. What is true about Sadia's floating school?
翻译:1. 萨迪亚的漂浮学校的真实情况是什么?
Tick the correct statements.
翻译:勾选正确的陈述。
The "floating school" is open in the rainy season.
翻译:这所“漂浮学校”在雨季开放。
The boat picks students up in the morning.
翻译:船在早上接学生。
There are two teachers on each boat.
翻译:每条船上有两位老师。
Every student on the boat has a computer.
翻译:船上的每个学生都有一台电脑。
Sadia sleeps on the boat at night.
翻译:萨迪亚晚上睡在船上。
2. Discuss the questions.
翻译:2. 讨论问题。
1. How is the floating school important to students in Bangladesh?
翻译:1. 漂浮学校对孟加拉国的学生有多重要?
2. What difficulties might the floating school have?
翻译:2. 漂浮学校可能会遇到什么困难?
Learn to sing and dance to fun songs.
翻译:跟着欢快的歌曲节奏,学习唱歌跳舞吧。
Work as a team to put on a big show at the end of the term.
翻译:在本学期末,以团队形式举行一次大型表演。
It's a great way to make new friends too!
翻译:这也是结交新朋友的好方法!
Where: music studio
翻译:地点:音乐工作室
When: Wednesdays and Fridays, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
翻译:时间:每周三和周五,下午 4:00 — 5:00
Things to bring: nothing
翻译:所需物品:无
Are you good with your hands?
翻译:你的动手能力强吗?
Come and learn how to make a table, a chair, or maybe a birdhouse.
翻译:快来学习如何制作一张桌子、一把椅子,或者一个鸟屋吧。
In this class, you learn to use different tools in a safe way.
翻译:在这门课上,你将学习如何安全地使用各种工具。
Where: Classroom 4
翻译:地点:4 号教室
When: Mondays, 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
翻译:时间:每周一,下午 3:30 — 4:30
Things to bring: safety glasses
翻译:所需物品:安全眼镜
Podcasting is an excellent way to develop your speaking and computer skills.
翻译:播客是培养你的演讲和电脑技能的绝佳方式。
Learn how to make short but interesting videos.
翻译:来学习如何制作简短而有趣的视频吧。
You choose the topic!
翻译:主题由你选择!
Where: IT room
翻译:地点:信息技术室
When: Fridays, 4:30 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
翻译:时间:每周五,下午 4:30 — 5:15
Things to bring: USB stick
翻译:所需物品:USB 闪存盘
Do you want to relax but don't know how?
翻译:你想放松却不知道方法?
Then join us for a yoga class.
翻译:那就和我们一起上瑜伽课吧。
Learn to stand like a tree, a mountain, and more!
翻译:学会如何像一棵树、一座山那样站立,甚至更多!
Yoga helps you sleep better and build a good body.
翻译:瑜伽让你睡得更香,并能塑造好身材。
When: Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.-12:45 p.m.
翻译:时间:每周四,中午 12:00 — 下午 12:45
Things to bring: towel and mat
翻译:所需物品:毛巾和垫子
1. Read the ads and complete the sentences.
翻译:1. 阅读广告并完成句子。
2. Discuss the questions.
翻译:2. 讨论问题。
1. Mike likes making things.
翻译:1. 迈克喜欢做东西。
Which class do you advise him to go to?
翻译:你建议他去做什么?
2. Which class would you like to take and why?
翻译:2. 你想上哪门课?为什么?
Alice's Vlog: My Drama Club
翻译:爱丽丝的视频博客:我的戏剧社
Hello! My name is Alice.
翻译:大家好! 我叫爱丽丝。
Welcome to my drama club!
翻译:欢迎来到我的戏剧社!
This is Mr Ford, our drama teacher.
翻译:这是我们的戏剧老师福特先生。
Mr Ford is very nice, and he always has great ideas.
翻译:福特先生非常和蔼,他总是有很多好想法。
He helps me so much!
翻译:他对我帮助很大!
And these are my friends at the drama club.
翻译:这是我在戏剧社的朋友们。
We always have a good time!
翻译:我们总是过得很开心。
After practice, we often have pizza.
翻译:练习结束后,我们经常一起吃比萨饼。
Check out this photo!
翻译:看看这张照片!
Mmm ... Yummy!
翻译:嗯⋯⋯太好吃了!
My parents often come to our shows.
翻译:我的父母经常来看我们的演出。
They record the shows, and we watch them on TV later.
翻译:他们会把演出录下来,之后我们会在电视上观看。
Here's a clip from our last show.
翻译:这是我们上次演出的片段。
That's me with the blonde hair!
翻译:金色头发的那个就是我!
I look cute, don't I?
翻译:我看起来很可爱,对吧?
The drama club can be hard when I have to remember a lot of lines, but it helps me to understand a lot more about the plays.
翻译:在戏剧社里,我得记住很多台词,这会很难,但是这能让我更多地了解剧目。
I'm usually very shy, but when I'm in a play, I no longer feel afraid.
翻译:我通常很害羞,但是当我参加演出的时候,就不再感到胆怯了。
Wenwen's mother, China
翻译:雯雯的妈妈(中国)
My mother is a nurse in a hospital.
翻译:我妈妈是一家医院的护士。
When she works at night, we eat dinner together at 6:30 p.m. , and then she goes to work.
翻译:她上夜班时,我们晚上六点半一起吃晚饭,然后她就去上班了。
Her work starts at 10:00.
翻译:她从十点开始工作。
She checks on each patient every three hours.
翻译:她每三个小时查看一次病人。
She finishes work at 8:00 a.m. the next day and arrives home by 9:00.
翻译:她第二天早上八点下班,九点前回到家里。
Her bedtime is around 10:30.
翻译:她的就寝时间大约是十点半。
She is busy with her work, but when she is free, we go to the park and have a good time together.
翻译:她工作非常忙碌,但一有空闲时间,我们就会一起去公园逛逛,享受快乐时光。
Colin's father, the UK
翻译:科林的爸爸(英国)
My father is a bin worker.
翻译:我爸爸是一名垃圾清理工。
I usually don't see him in the morning because he gets up at 4:00 a.m.
翻译:我通常早上看不到他,因为他早上四点就起床了。
He has something to eat and then goes to work.
翻译:他吃点东西,然后就去上班了。
By 5:00, he is at his first house to empty rubbish bins into a lorry.
翻译:五点之前,他已经到达第一户人家那里,把垃圾桶里的垃圾倒进卡车里。
Work ends around 3:00 p.m.
翻译:(他)在下午三点左右结束工作。
Then he comes to school to pick me up at 4:30.
翻译:接着,他四点半来学校接我。
We talk a lot on the way home.
翻译:我们在回家路上聊个不停。
Dinner is at 6:00.
翻译:晚饭是在六点。
After dinner, he watches TV for a while.
翻译:晚饭后,他看一会儿电视。
Then he goes to bed early at 8:30.
翻译:然后,他八点半就早早上床睡觉去了。
We try to keep quiet at night so he sleeps well.
翻译:晚上我们会尽量保持安静,这样他才能睡好。
1. Read the texts and complete the timelines for Wenwen's mother and Colin's father.
翻译:1. 阅读文本,完成雯雯的妈妈和科林的爸爸的时间线。
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
翻译:祝你生日快乐
It's so wonderful to watch you grow up.
翻译:看着你长大真是太美好了。
I like to see your smile every day!
翻译:我喜欢每天看到你的笑容!
Thank you for bringing joy to the family.
翻译:谢谢你给这个家带来了欢乐。
Sometimes you do drive me up the wall with your loud music.
翻译:有时候,你把音乐放得很大声,让我非常恼。
But I wouldn't change a thing about you.
翻译:但我从来不愿意改变你的任何一点。
I love you so much.
翻译:我非常爱你。
You laugh all the time, and you have no worries—you're everything I want in a friend.
翻译:你总是笑容满面,无忧无虑——我的朋友所期望的一切你都有。
Don't ever change!
翻译:永远不要改变!
Stay as amazing as you are, my dear friend.
翻译:保持你现在的样子就很棒,我亲爱的朋友。
Always remember that if you fall, I'll pick you up.
翻译:永远记住,如果你跌倒了,我会扶你起来。
Happy birthday, and stay happy every day!
翻译:生日快乐,天天开心。
Your best friend forever, Tina
翻译:你永远的挚友, 蒂娜