Tapescripts 翻译:听力原文
Unit 1 How can we become good learners? 翻译:第 1 单元 我们怎样才能成为好的学习者?
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Hey, everybody. There's a big test on Tuesday. I really need some help. Can you tell me how you study for a big test? 翻译:嘿,各位。星期二有一个大的测试。我真的需要一些帮助。你能告诉我你们是如何为一个大的测试而学习的吗?
Sure! Yes. Sure we will. 翻译:当然可以!是的。我们当然会。
You did really well on the last English test, didn't you, Meiping? 翻译:你上次英语考试考得很好,是吗,美萍?
Yeah, I did OK. 翻译:是的,我做得很好。
Well, how did you study for it? 翻译:嗯,你是怎么学习的?
By making word cards. 翻译:通过制作单词卡。
Maybe I'll try that. So, how do you study for a test, Peter? 翻译:也许我会试试。那么,彼得,你是如何备考的呢?
By asking the teacher for help. She's always happy to answer my questions. 翻译:通过向老师寻求帮助。她总是乐于回答我的问题。
That's interesting. How do you study, Tony? 翻译:这很有趣。托尼,你怎么学习?
I like to study by listening to tapes. But sometimes my mother thinks I'm listening to music. And then she gets mad. 翻译:我喜欢通过听磁带学习。但有时我妈妈认为我在听音乐。然后她就生气了。
Oh, maybe I won't do that then. 翻译:哦,也许我不会那么做。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Welcome to the English club. Today we're going to talk about the best ways to learn English. Does anyone learn English by watching videos? 翻译:欢迎来到英语俱乐部。今天我们要讨论学习英语的最佳方法。有人通过看视频学习英语吗?
No. It's too hard to understand spoken English. 翻译:没有。英语口语太难理解了。
What about keeping a diary in English? Do you learn English that way? 翻译:用英语记日记怎么样?你是那样学英语的吗?
Yes, I do. It helps to write English everyday. 翻译:是的。每天写英语很有帮助。
Have you ever studied with a group? 翻译:你曾经和小组一起学习过吗?
Yes, I have! I've learned a lot that way. 翻译:是的!我通过这种方式学到了很多。
Do you have conversations with friends in English? 翻译:你和朋友用英语交谈吗?
Oh, yes. It really improves my speaking skills. 翻译:哦,是的。这真的提高了我的说话技巧。
What about reading aloud to practice pronunciation? 翻译:大声朗读练习发音怎么样?
I do that sometimes. I think it helps. 翻译:我有时会这样做。我认为这有帮助。
I do, too. And I often look up new words in a dictionary. 翻译:我也是。我经常在字典里查生词。
That's a great idea! 翻译:这是个好主意!
Section B, Activity 1c, 1d 翻译:B 部分,1c,1d
You look worried, Paul. 翻译:保罗,你看起来很担心。
I am, Ms. Manson. I'm having trouble learning English. 翻译:是的,曼森老师。我学英语有困难。
You said you liked English. What's the problem? 翻译:你说你喜欢英语。有什么问题吗?
I can't get the pronunciation right. 翻译:我发音不对。
Well, listening can help. Why don't you listen to English songs on the radio and repeat the difficult words? 翻译:嗯,听可以有所帮助。你为什么不听收音机里的英文歌曲,然后重复那些难读的单词呢?
That's a good idea. But what about all the new words? I forget a lot of the new words. 翻译:这是个好主意。但是所有的新单词呢?我忘了很多生词。
You can always write the new words in your notebook and review them from time to time. You can even study on the subway on the way to school. 翻译:你总是可以把新单词写在笔记本上,并不时复习。你甚至可以在上学的路上在地铁上学习。
That might really help! Thanks. 翻译:这可能真的有帮助!谢谢。
Can you understand when people talk to you? 翻译:当人们和你说话时,你能理解吗?
Well, not always. Sometimes I just don't understand what people are saying. 翻译:嗯,不总是这样。有时我只是不明白人们在说什么。
Why don't you join an English language club to practice speaking English? The English club meets after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 翻译:你为什么不加入英语俱乐部练习说英语呢?英语俱乐部在周二和周四放学后开放。
Maybe I'll go. The only other problem is that I don't get much writing practice. 翻译:也许我会去。另一个问题是我没有太多的写作练习。
Maybe you should find a pen pal. 翻译:也许你应该找个笔友。
That sounds like a fun way to practice writing. Thanks, Ms. Manson. 翻译:这听起来像是一种有趣的写作练习方式。谢谢,曼森老师。
Unit 2 I think that mooncakes are delicious! 翻译:第 2 单元 我觉得月饼很好吃!
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
What a great day! 翻译:多棒的一天啊!
Yes, it was really fun! 翻译:是的,真的很有趣!
What did you like best? 翻译:你最喜欢什么?
I loved the races! They were really interesting to watch. How fantastic the dragon boat teams were! 翻译:我喜欢这些比赛!它们真的很有趣。龙舟队真是太棒了!
Yes! And look at the colors of the boats. How pretty they were! 翻译:是的!看看船的颜色。它们多漂亮啊!
I agree! But I guess it was a little too crowded. 翻译:我同意!但我想有点太拥挤了。
I don't know ... I kind of like to have more people around. It makes things more exciting. 翻译:我不知道⋯⋯我有点喜欢周围有更多的人。它使事情变得更加令人兴奋。
That's true. Oh, and I really liked eating zongzi. 翻译:这是真的。哦,我真的很喜欢吃粽子。
Oh, me too! The sweet ones are my favorite. 翻译:哦,我也是!甜的粽子是我的最爱。
I wonder if they'll have the races again next year. 翻译:我想知道他们明年是否还会有比赛。
Of course! They have them every year. 翻译:当然!他们每年都有。
Then I believe that I'll be back again next year to watch the races! 翻译:那么我相信我明年还会回来看比赛!
Me, too! 翻译:我也是!
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
What did you do on your vacation, Wu Ming? 翻译:吴明,你假期做了什么?
I visited my aunt and uncle in Hong Kong. 翻译:我去香港看望了我的姑姑和叔叔。
Wow! So what did you do? 翻译:哇!那你做了什么?
Well, we ate out a lot. I believe that we ate at least five meals a day! How delicious the food is! I've put on five pounds! 翻译:嗯,我们经常出去吃饭。我相信我们一天至少吃五顿饭!我吃的食物多美味啊!我胖了五磅!
Haha! Yes, the food in HongKong is delicious. What else did you do? 翻译:哈哈!是的,香港的食物很好吃。你还做了什么?
Shopping, of course. Hong Kong is a great place for shopping! I spent so much money. 翻译:当然是购物。香港是个购物的好地方,我花了很多钱。
So what was the best part of the trip? 翻译:那么,这次旅行最精彩的部分是什么?
Oh, the Dragon Boat Festival for sure. They had teams from all over the world! 翻译:哦,当然是端午节了。他们有来自世界各地的船队!
I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong next year. I wonder whether June is a good time. 翻译:我计划明年去香港旅行。我想知道六月是不是个好时间。
Yes, if you want to see the boat races. But it's quite hot in June. That's one thing I didn't like. 翻译:是的,如果你想看划船比赛。但是六月很热。这是我不喜欢的一件事。
Oh. I don't mind hot weather. 翻译:哦。我不介意炎热的天气。
OK, then I think that June would be a perfect time for you to visit. 翻译:好吧,那么我想六月是你参观的最佳时间。
Section B, Activity 1b, 1c 翻译:B 部分,1b,1c
Hi, Wu Ming! Did you enjoy the holiday? 翻译:嗨,吴明!你假期过得愉快吗?
Hey, Jane! Yes, it was great. My family went back to Zigong in Sichuan Province, and we spent the Spring Festival there. 翻译:嘿,简!是的,非常棒。我的家人回到了四川自贡,我们在那里过了春节。
Did you do anything interesting? 翻译:你做了什么有趣的事吗?
Yes, we went to the famous Zigong Lantern Fair. 翻译:是的,我们去了著名的自贡灯会。
Wonderful! Have you got some photos? 翻译:太棒了!你有照片吗?
Yes, let me show you. 翻译:是的,让我展示给你看。
Oh, this mushroom house is so cute. I wonder whether people could stay there for the night. 翻译:哦,这个蘑菇屋太可爱了。我想知道人们是否可以在那里过夜。
Probably not. 翻译:可能不行。
Oh, wait, what's that? A dinosaur? 翻译:哦,等等,那是什么?一只恐龙?
Correct. There were many of them. I think the dinosaurs are the children's favorite part of the fair. 翻译:正确。有很多只恐龙。我认为恐龙是孩子们最喜欢的部分。
Wow, what a beautiful Chinese dragon! It's so big. 翻译:哇,多么美丽的中国龙啊!它真大呀。
Yes, it's about forty-eight meters long, and it can change colors. 翻译:是的,它大约有48米长,并且可以改变颜色。
That's amazing! I really hope I can go to this lantern fair one day. 翻译:太神奇了!我真希望有一天我能去这个灯会。
I think you should. This lantern fair happens every year. 翻译:我觉得你应该去。这个灯会每年都举行。
Great. Maybe next year. ... Is this a photo of your family? 翻译:太好了。也许明年吧。⋯⋯这是你的全家福吗?
Yes, we took it on the last day of the Spring Festival celebrations. 翻译:是的,我们在春节庆祝活动的最后一天拍的。
What's that you're eating? 翻译:你在吃什么?
Tangyuan. They are similar to yuanxiao in the northern part of China, and we eat them during the Lantern Festival. 翻译:汤圆。它们和中国北方的元宵很像,我们在元宵节的时候吃它们。
Wow! They look tasty. 翻译:哇!它们看起来很好吃。
Yes, they are delicious! They're also an important symbol of togetherness and happiness in the family. 翻译:是的,它们很美味!它们也是家庭团聚和幸福的重要象征。
Unit 3 Could you please tell me where the restrooms are? 翻译:第 3 单元 你能告诉我洗手间在哪里吗?
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Conversation 1 翻译:对话 1
Excuse me, could you tell me where I can buy some stamps? 翻译:不好意思,你能告诉我在哪里可以买到邮票吗?
Yes. There's a post office on Center Street. 翻译:可以。中央大街上有一家邮局。
Oh, could you tell me how to get to Center Street? 翻译:哦,你能告诉我怎么去中央大街吗?
Sure. You see that bank there? 翻译:当然。你看到那家银行了吗?
Hmm ... oh, yes. 翻译:嗯⋯⋯哦,是的。
Just go past the bank and then turn right. The post office is on the right, next to the library. 翻译:只要经过银行,然后向右拐。邮局在右边,紧挨着图书馆。
Thanks a lot! 翻译:谢谢!
Conversation 2 翻译:对话 2
Excuse me, do you know where I can get a dictionary? 翻译:不好意思,你知道我在哪里可以买到字典吗?
Sure. There's a bookstore on Main Street. 翻译:当然。主街上有一家书店。
Oh, could you please tell me how to get there? 翻译:哦,你能告诉我怎么去吗?
Yes. Go along Center Street and then turn left on Main Street. Then you will see the bookstore on the other side of the street. 翻译:可以。沿着中央大街走,然后在主街向左拐。然后你会看到街对面的书店。
Thanks! Do you know when the bookstore closes today? 翻译:谢谢!你知道书店今天什么时候关门吗?
I think it closes at 7:00 p.m. today. 翻译:我想它今天下午 7:00 关门。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Excuse me, can you tell me where I can buy some medicine? 翻译:不好意思,你能告诉我在哪里可以买到药吗?
Yes, there's a supermarket in this shopping center. 翻译:可以,这个购物中心有一家超市。
Do you know how to go there? 翻译:你知道怎么去那里吗?
Yes. Go to the second floor and then ... then turn left. Let's see ... Then go past the bookstore. And umm ... the supermarket is between the flower store and the bookstore. You should be able to get medicine there. 翻译:对。到二楼,然后⋯⋯然后向左拐。让我看看⋯⋯然后经过书店。嗯⋯⋯超市在花店和书店之间。你应该可以在那里买到药。
OK, great. Oh, and one more thing. Do you know when this shopping center closes tonight? 翻译:好的,太好了。哦,还有一件事。你知道这个购物中心今晚什么时候关门吗?
I'm not sure, but you can ask for information over there. 翻译:我不确定,但你可以去那边问问。
OK, thanks a lot. 翻译:好的,非常感谢。
You're welcome. 翻译:不客气。
Section B, Activity 1c, 1d 翻译:B 部分,1c,1d
Conversation 1 翻译:对话 1
Could you tell me where there's a good place to eat? 翻译:你能告诉我哪里有吃的好地方吗?
Of course. There are a lot of good restaurants in Sunvile. What kind of food are you looking for? 翻译:当然。桑维尔有很多好餐馆。你想找什么样的食物?
I'd like fresh vegetables. 翻译:我喜欢新鲜蔬菜。
I'd try Green Land. They have delicious salads. 翻译:我推荐绿地。他们有美味的沙拉。
Conversation 2 翻译:对话 2
Do you know if there are any public restrooms around here? 翻译:你知道这附近有公共厕所吗?
Yes. You'll find some at the corner of Market and Middle Streets. 翻译:是的。你会在市场和中街的拐角处找到它们。
Umm ... are they clean? 翻译:嗯⋯⋯它们干净吗?
Oh, yes. They're very clean. 翻译:哦,是的。它们非常干净。
Conversation 3 翻译:对话 3
Could you tell me if there is a good museum in Sunville? 翻译:你能告诉我在桑维尔有没有好的博物馆吗?
Well, we have several. What kind of museums do you like- History? Science? A children's museum? 翻译:嗯,我们有好几个。你喜欢什么样的博物馆——历史?科学?儿童博物馆?
What about history? I like history museums. They're fascinating. 翻译:历史怎么样?我喜欢历史博物馆。它们很迷人。
Oh, Dad! History museums are boring. Let's go to a science museum. 翻译:哦,爸爸!历史博物馆很无聊。我们去科学博物馆吧。
Science? We always go to science museums. I want to go to a children's museum. They're more fun. 翻译:科学?我们总是去科学博物馆。我想去儿童博物馆。它们更有趣。
Well, I'm too old for a children's museum. Why don't we go to an art museum? 翻译:嗯,我大了,不适合儿童博物馆。我们为什么不去艺术博物馆呢?
Why don't you go to the computer museum? There are a lot of fun things for children there. You can learn all about the history of computers, as well as learn about science. 翻译:你们为什么不去电脑博物馆?那里有很多儿童喜欢的东西。你们可以学习计算机的所有历史,也可以学习科学。
That's a great idea! Let's go to the computer museum. 翻译:这是个好主意!我们去电脑博物馆吧。
Unit 4 I used to be afraid of the dark. 翻译:第 4 单元 我过去害怕黑暗。
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Conversation 1 翻译:对话 1
Mario, is that you? 翻译:马里奥,是你吗?
Yeah, it is. It's Bob! Hey guys, it's Bob! I haven't seen you for four years! 翻译:是的。是鲍勃!嘿,伙计们,是鲍勃!我已经四年没见过你了!
Yeah. I'm here with my parents. We'revisiting for a couple of days. Wow, Mario, you look different! You used to be short, didn't you? 翻译:是的。我和我的父母在这里。我们要住几天。哇,马里奥,你看起来不一样了!你以前很矮,不是吗?
Yes, I did. Now I'm tall. And so are you! 翻译:是的。现在我很高。你也是!
That's true. And you used to wear glasses. 翻译:这是真的。你以前戴眼镜。
Conversation 2 翻译:对话 2
Hey, Amy, it's great to see you. 翻译:嘿,艾米,很高兴见到你。
Hi, Bob. How are you? 翻译:嗨,鲍勃。你好吗?
Fine. Wow, you've changed! 翻译:我很好。哇,你变了!
Really? How? 翻译:真的吗?怎么?
You used to have short hair. 翻译:你以前是短发。
You remember that? Yes. I did. 翻译:你还记得吗?是的,我以前是。
And you used to be really tall! 翻译:你以前很高!
Not anymore. You're taller than me now, Bob. 翻译:不再是了。鲍勃,你现在比我高。
Conversation 3 翻译:对话 3
Hiya, Bob. 翻译:你好,鲍勃。
Hi, Tina. You've changed, too. 翻译:嗨,蒂娜。你也变了。
Oh, yeah? 翻译:哦,是吗?
You have blonde hair! 翻译:你有一头金发!
Yeah, it used to be red, didn't it? 翻译:是的,它以前是红色的,不是吗?
And it's straight! 翻译:而且是笔直的!
Yeah, it used to be curly. 翻译:是的,它以前是卷曲的。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Hey, Steve! Over here! Don't you remember me? 翻译:嘿,史蒂夫!这边!你不记得我了吗?
Oh, wow! You're Paula, aren't you? 翻译:噢,哇!你是宝拉,不是吗?
That's right. We were in the same science class during Grade 8. 翻译:没错。8 年级时我们在同一个科学班。
Yes, now I remember. You used to be really quiet, didn't you? I remember you were always silent in class. 翻译:是的,现在我记起来了。你以前很安静,不是吗?我记得你上课总是沉默。
Yeah. I wasn't very outgoing. I was never brave enough to ask the teachers any questions! 翻译:是啊。我不是很外向。我从来没有勇气问老师任何问题!
Well, but you were always friendly. And you got a better grade in science than I did, haha. And I remember you were really good in music class, too. Wait a minute! Did you use to play the piano? 翻译:嗯,但你总是很友好。你的科学成绩比我好,哈哈。我记得你在音乐课上也表现得很好。等一下!你过去常弹钢琴吗?
Yes, I did. But now I'm more interested in sports. I play soccer almost every day, and I'm on a swim team. But I still play the piano from time to time. 翻译:是的。但现在我对运动更感兴趣了。我几乎每天都踢足球,我在游泳队。但我仍然时不时地弹钢琴。
Wow, you're so active! People sure change. 翻译:哇,你真活跃!人们肯定会变的。
Section B, Activity 1c,1d 翻译:B 部分,1c,1d
My six-year-old brother started school this week. 翻译:我六岁的弟弟本周开始上学。
Oh, that's good. Life was great when I was sIx. 翻译:哦,那很好。当我六岁的时候,生活很美好。
Really? Why? 翻译:真的吗?为什么?
Oh, school was really easy. 翻译:哦,上学真的很容易。
Not for me. I didn't use to like tests. Now I don't worry about tests, but I really used to be very nervous about them. 翻译:对我来说不是。我过去不喜欢考试。现在我不担心考试,但我过去真的对考试很紧张。
But the tests in primary school were easy! 翻译:但是小学的考试很容易!
Well, yes, they weren't too difficult. But I guess I wasn't used to them yet. I think I still like high school more than primary school. 翻译:嗯,是的,它们并不太难。但我想我还不习惯。我想比起小学,我更喜欢高中。
But we used to play every day after school. Now we just study all the time. 翻译:但我们过去每天放学后都玩。现在我们只是一直在学习。
Yeah, but we used to have to wear the school uniform. Now we can wear whatever we like. 翻译:是的,但我们过去必须穿校服。现在我们可以穿我们喜欢的衣服了。
I don't mind wearing a school uniform. I don't like thinking about what to wear every day! I do remember one bad thing about primary school though. I used to hate P.E. class. Now I love it. 翻译:我不介意穿校服。我不喜欢思考每天该穿什么!但我确实记得小学的一件坏事。我过去讨厌体育课。现在我喜欢它。
Oh, me, too! 翻译:哦,我也是!
Unit 5 What are the shirts made of? 翻译:第 5 单元 这些衬衫是什么做的?
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Hi, Anita. I bought three shirts for 29 dollars yesterday! 翻译:嗨,安妮塔。昨天我花 29 美元买了三件衬衫!
Oh, really? What are they made of though? Sometimes the cheap ones are made of materials that don't feel very good. 翻译:哦,真的吗?它们是由什么制成的?有时便宜的衣服是用感觉不太好的材料制成的。
A hundred percent cotton. They're nice and soft, and they were made in America. 翻译:百分之百的棉花。它们又好又软,是美国制造的。
Oh, OK. By the way, where did you buy those chopsticks? They're really cool! 翻译:哦,好的。顺便问一下,你在哪里买的筷子?他们真的很酷!
Oh, I got them in Korea. They're nice, aren't they? 翻译:哦,我在韩国买的。它们很好,不是吗?
Yeah. Chopsticks are usually made of wood. I've never seen steel ones before. 翻译:是的。筷子通常是木制的。我以前从未见过钢制的。
Oh, steel chopsticks are popular in Korea. Hey, do you think this ring looks OK? 翻译:哦,钢筷子在韩国很流行。嘿,你觉得这枚戒指看起来还好吗?
Hmm ... yes, I think it's quite pretty. Is it made of silver? 翻译:嗯⋯⋯是的,我觉得很漂亮。它是银制的吗?
Yes, and it was made in Thailand. I'll give it to my best friend for her birthday. 翻译:是的,它是泰国制造的。我会把它送给我最好的朋友作为生日礼物。
Oh, I'm sure she'll love it. 翻译:哦,我肯定她很喜欢。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Hey Marcus, have you heard about the art and science fair? 翻译:嘿,马库斯,你听说过艺术和科学博览会吗?
You mean the one just outside the Science museum? 翻译:你是说科学博物馆外面的那个?
Yeah, that's the one. The school notice board says that all students are invited to attend for free! Our school is paying for it! 翻译:是的,就是这个。学校公告牌上说,所有学生都被邀请免费参加!我们学校正在为此付费!
Wow, that's great! 翻译:哇,太棒了!
I went there yesterday. 翻译:我昨天去了那里。
Did you see anything cool? 翻译:你看到什么酷的东西了吗?
Of course! All the works there were made by university students. 翻译:当然!那里所有的作品都是大学生创作的。
What did you see? 翻译:你看到了什么?
I saw a huge model plane. It's made of used wood and glass. I also saw a really beautiful painting. It's made from grass, leaves and flowers. 翻译:我看到了一架巨大的模型飞机。它由二手木材和玻璃制成。我还看到了一幅非常漂亮的画。它由草、叶子和花制成。
Oh, yeah, the fair is about environmental protection and recycling, right? 翻译:哦,是的,博览会是关于环境保护和回收的,对吗?
Yes, and the students came up with some really interesting and creative ideas. 翻译:是的,学生们提出了一些非常有趣和有创意的想法。
Section B, Activity 1b, 1c, 1d 翻译:B 部分,1b,1c,1d
Hey, Zheng Yun! 翻译:嘿,郑云!
Hi, Laura. 翻译:嗨,劳拉。
How was your vacation? 翻译:你假期过得怎么样?
It was great! I went to Weifang in Shandong. 翻译:真是太棒了!我去了山东的潍坊。
That's the city famous for kites, right? 翻译:那是以风筝闻名的城市,对吗?
Yes. There's an international kite festival there every April. That's why I went there. 翻译:对。每年四月那里都有一个国际风筝节。这就是我去那里的原因。
How interesting! What happens at the festival? 翻译:多么有趣!节日里发生了什么?
People from all over the world compete in kite flying. There are also competitions for the best kites. 翻译:来自世界各地的人们比赛风筝飞行。还有最佳风筝比赛。
Were the kites nice? 翻译:风筝好看吗?
They were beautiful. They were made of different things like silk or paper. Some were painted with colorful drawings. 翻译:它们很漂亮。它们是由不同的东西如丝绸或纸张制成的。有些画上了彩色的图画。
Sounds like you really enjoyed it. I never thought that something as simple as kite flying could be so exciting. 翻译:听起来你真的很喜欢。我从未想过像放风筝这样简单的事情会如此令人兴奋。
Yes, it was really fun to see which kite could fly the highest. 翻译:是的,看哪只风筝能飞得最高真的很有趣。
I think I want to learn to fly a kite, too! 翻译:我想我也想学放风筝!
Unit 6 When was it invented? 翻译:第 6 单元 它是什么时候发明的?
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Was your life very difficult when you were a kid? 翻译:你小时候生活很艰难吗?
Oh, not really. Why? 翻译:哦,并不是。怎么了?
Well, you didn't have modern inventions like a telephone, right? 翻译:嗯,你们没有电话之类的现代发明,对吧?
Of course we did! How old do you think I am? The telephone was invented in 1876. You need to take a history class, Alice! 翻译:当然有了!你觉得我多大了?电话发明于 1876 年。爱丽丝,你需要上历史课!
Haha! How about cars? They weren't invented yet, were they? 翻译:哈哈!汽车呢?它们还没有被发明,是吗?
Yes, they were. Cars were invented in 1885. My family had a car. 翻译:是的,它们被发明了。汽车是 1885 年发明的。我家有一辆汽车。
Well, did you have a TV? 翻译:嗯,你们有电视吗?
No, we couldn't afford one. They were expensive in those days. The TV was invented around 1927, I think. 翻译:不,我们买不起。那时候它们很贵。我想电视是 1927 年左右发明的。
Well, I know that you didn't have a computer, because we learned in school that personal computers were invented in 1971. 翻译:嗯,我知道你们没有电脑,因为我们在学校学到个人电脑是 1971年发明的。
You're right. But I have one now! 翻译:你说得对。但我现在有一个!
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Hi, Carol. Wow, what are those? 翻译:嗨,卡罗尔。哇,那些是什么?
Hello, Alex. Oh, these are some of the interesting inventions that I'm writing about for my English homework. 翻译:你好,亚历克斯。哦,这些是我为英语作业写的一些有趣的发明。
I see ... What's that, then? 翻译:我明白了⋯⋯那是什么?
They're shoes with lights. You use them for seeing in the dark when you get up at night. 翻译:这是灯光鞋。你晚上起床时用它们可以在黑暗中看见东西。
Oh, that's a cool idea! I always hit my toe against something on the way to the bathroom at night. 翻译:噢,这是一个很酷的主意!我晚上去卫生间的路上总是撞到我的脚趾。
Next is a special ice-cream scoop. This is my favorite invention. It runs on electricity and becomes hot. 翻译:接下来是一个特别的冰淇淋勺。这是我最喜欢的发明。它通电后变热。
I know what it's for! It's used for serving really cold ice-cream. 翻译:我知道它是用来做什么!它用来装特别冷的冰淇淋。
Yes, that's right! The last invention I'm going to write about is shoes with special heels. You can move the heels up and down. 翻译:是的,没错!我要写的最后一个发明是有特殊鞋跟的鞋子。你可以上下移动鞋跟。
What are they used for? 翻译:它们是用来做什么的?
Well, you can change the style of your shoes. You can raise the heels if you are going to a party or lower them if you are just going out for shopping. 翻译:嗯,你可以改变鞋子的样式。如果你要去参加聚会,可以抬高鞋跟;如果你只是出去购物,可以降低鞋跟。
Section B, Activity 1c, 1d 翻译:B 部分,1c,1d
Hey, did you know that potato chips were invented by mistake? 翻译:嘿,你知道薯片是意外发明的吗?
Really? What do you mean? 翻译:真的吗?什么意思?
Well, here on the bag it says that they were invented by a cook called George Crum. 翻译:好吧,袋子上写着它们是由一位名叫乔治·克鲁姆的厨师发明的。
When was that? 翻译:什么时候?
Oh, it was back in 1853. 翻译:哦,那是 1853 年的事。
So, why was it an accident? 翻译:那么,为什么这是一场意外?
Well, one day, a customer came into the restaurant where George worked. He ordered a plate of fried potatoes. When the potatoes came, he said they were cut too thick and sent them back to the kitchen. 翻译:一天,一位顾客来到乔治工作的餐厅。他点了一盘炸土豆。当土豆来的时候,他说土豆切得太厚了,于是把它们送回了厨房。
So what happened? 翻译:然后发生了什么?
Well, George was angry, so he cut the potatoes really, really thin, and he cooked them for a long time until they were crispy. And he put lots of salt on them so they were really salty. He thought the customer would hate them. 翻译:乔治很生气,所以他把土豆切得非常非常薄,他煮了很长时间,直到土豆变脆。他在它们上面放了很多盐,所以它们真的很咸。他认为顾客会讨厌它们。
And? 翻译:然后呢?
And the customer loved them and asked for more. He told the other customers about them, and soon everyone was ordering thinly cut, crispy, salty potato chips. 翻译:客户很喜欢他们,要求更多。他告诉其他顾客他们的情况,很快每个人都点了又薄又脆又咸的薯片。
And we're still eating them today. What a cool story! 翻译:我们现在都还在吃。多酷的故事啊!
Unit 7 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes. 翻译:第 7 七单元 青少年应该被允许选择自己的衣服。
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Mom, can I go to the shopping center with John? He just got his driver's license. 翻译:妈妈,我可以和约翰一起去购物中心吗?他刚拿到驾照。
No way! I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive. They aren't serious enough. I'm worried about your safety. 翻译:不行!我不认为应该允许十六岁的人开车。他们不够认真。我担心你的安全。
But Gaby's getting her ears pierced at the shopping center and I want to watch. 翻译:但加比在购物中心打耳洞,我想看看。
Sixteen-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to get their ears pierced either. They're too young. 翻译:十六岁的人也不应该被允许穿耳洞。他们太年轻了。
I agree, but it's fun to watch. Can I take the bus then? 翻译:我同意,但观看很有趣。那我可以乘公共汽车吗?
Well, OK. 翻译:好吧。
Great! I want to buy a new skirt, too. 翻译:太好了!我还想买一条新裙子。
What kind of skirt? Maybe I should go with you. 翻译:什么样的裙子?也许我应该和你一起去。
Aww, Mom. I'm not a child. I think teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes. 翻译:啊,妈妈。我不是一个孩子了。我认为应该允许青少年选择自己的衣服。
Well, I just want to make sure you get something nice. 翻译:嗯,我只是想确保你得到一些好的东西。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Hi, Molly. Where's your brother Larry? I thought he was joining us. 翻译:嗨,莫莉。你哥哥拉里在哪里?我以为他要加入我们。
Hi, Kathy. I'm sorry. Larry can't join us after all. He is working late tonight. 翻译:嗨,凯西。对不起。拉里不能加入我们。他今晚工作到很晚。
Oh, Larry's working late again? 翻译:哦,拉里又要工作到很晚了?
Yeah, he is. 翻译:是的。
I see ... I really don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to work at night. Young people need to sleep. 翻译:我明白了⋯⋯我真的不认为应该允许十六岁的人晚上工作。年轻人需要睡觉。
Oh, I disagree with you. Teenage boy never get tired. 翻译:哦,我不同意你的观点。十几岁的男孩永远不会累。
Well, maybe. But Larry shouldn't work every night. 翻译:嗯,也许吧。但拉里不应该每晚都工作。
That's true. He needs time to do homework. 翻译:这是真的。他需要时间做作业。
And you know, Molly ... he should really cut his hair. 翻译:你知道吗,莫莉⋯⋯他真的应该理发了。
Oh, I don't know. Do you think it's too long? 翻译:哦,我不知道。你认为它太长了吗?
Yes, I do. It doesn't look clean. And I think he should stop wearing that silly earring. 翻译:是的。它看起来不干净。而且我认为他应该停止戴那个愚蠢的耳环。
Hmm ... I disagree. I kind of like it. It looks cool! 翻译:嗯⋯⋯我不同意。我有点喜欢它。看起来很酷!
You know another thing that worries me? Larry doesn't seem to have many friends. 翻译:你知道另一件让我担心的事吗?拉里似乎没有很多朋友。
Yeah, I know. I think he shouldn't work on weekends. 翻译:是的,我知道。我认为他不应该在周末工作。
That's right. He needs to spend time with friends. 翻译:没错。他需要花时间和朋友们在一起。
Section B, Activity 1c, 1d 翻译:B 部分,1c,1d
What's the matter, Peter? 翻译:彼得,怎么了?
I think I'm going to fail a math test, Dad. 翻译:爸爸,我想我数学考试会不及格。
You are? Why? 翻译:真的吗?为什么?
Well, I missed the bus and I had to walk to school. 翻译:我错过了公共汽车,不得不步行上学。
So? 翻译:所以?
I'm not allowed to get to class late, and there was a big test today. 翻译:我不允许上课迟到,今天有一场大测试。
And you weren't allowed to take the test? 翻译:你不被允许参加考试吗?
That's right. But I know I could pass that test. 翻译:没错。但我知道我可以通过这次考试。
Well, Peter, the school has to have rules, you know. 翻译:彼得,你知道,学校必须有规则。
I know. But they should let me take the test later. It's not fair if they don't even give me a chance! 翻译:我知道。但他们应该让我稍后参加考试。如果他们甚至不给我机会,那就不公平了!
Well, you might still be allowed. Maybe you could talk to the teacher after school. 翻译:嗯,你可能仍然被允许。也许你可以放学后和老师谈谈。
Yeah. Maybe if I explain what happened, she'll understand. 翻译:是啊。也许如果我解释一下发生了什么,她会理解的。
Unit 8 It must belong to Carla. 翻译:第 8 单元 它一定是卡拉的。
Section A, Activity 1b 翻译:A 部分,1b
Whose volleyball is this? 翻译:这是谁的排球?
It must be Carla's. She loves volleyball. 翻译:一定是卡拉的。她喜欢排球。
How about this toy truck? 翻译:那这个玩具卡车呢?
Hmm ... that toy truck must belong to Jane's little brother. He was the only little kid at the picnic. And the magazine must belong to Deng Wen. He loves rabbits. 翻译:嗯⋯⋯那辆玩具卡车一定是珍妮的弟弟的。他是野餐中唯一的小孩。这本杂志一定是邓文的。他喜欢兔子。
Oh, look, someone left a book. 翻译:哦,看,有人留下了一本书。
That book must be Mary's. J. K. Rowling is her favorite writer. 翻译:那本书一定是玛丽的。J. K.罗琳是她最喜欢的作家。
OK ... and how about this CD? 翻译:好的⋯⋯那这张光碟是谁的?
Hmm ... The CD must belong to Grace. She always listens to pop music. 翻译:嗯⋯这张光碟一定是格雷斯的。她总是听流行音乐。
Section A, Activity 2a, 2b 翻译:A 部分,2a,2b
Hey, look! Whose schoolbag do you think this is? 翻译:嘿,看!你认为这是谁的书包?
I don't know. Look, here's a school T-shirt. 翻译:我不知道。看,这是一件学校 T 恤。
Well then, the person must go to our school. Oh! Here is a hair band, so the person can't be a boy. 翻译:那么,这个人肯定是我们学校的。哦,这是一条发带,所以这个人不可能是男孩。
It could be Mei's hair band. She has long hair. 翻译:可能是梅的发带。她留着长头发。
Or the hair band might belong to Linda. She was at the picnic, wasn't she? 翻译:或者发带可能是琳达的。她在野餐,不是吗?
Yes, she was. But then the schoolbag could belong to Rita. She's always forgetting things. 翻译:是的,她是。但是,书包可能属于丽塔。她总是忘记事情。
Oh, look! Tennis balls. 翻译:哦,看!网球。
Then it must be Linda's schoolbag. She has long hair and she's on the tennis team. 翻译:那么它一定是琳达的书包。她留着长发,是网球队的队员。
You're right! 翻译:你说得对!
Section B, Activity 1b, 1c 翻译:B 部分,1b,1c
Hey, look at the man running down the street. I wonder what's happening. 翻译:嘿,看那个沿街跑的人。我想知道发生了什么事。
He could be running for exercise. 翻译:他可能正在跑步锻炼。
But he's wearing a suit. He might be late for work. 翻译:但他穿着西装。他可能上班迟到了。
He looks kind of afraid. (pause) Oh, no! What's that? 翻译:他看起来有点害怕。(暂停)哦,不!那是什么?
Where? 翻译:哪里?
最新学习记录 更新时间:2025-04-16 20:43:11