UNIT 3 翻译:第 3 单元
Section A 翻译:A 部分
Could you please tell me where the restrooms are? 翻译:你能告诉我洗手间在哪里吗?
Language Goals: Ask for information politely; Follow directions 翻译:语言目标:礼貌地询问信息;遵循指示
1a. Where can you do the things below? 翻译:1a.你在哪里可以做下面的事情?
Match each thing with a place in the picture. Many different answers are possible. 翻译:将事件填入图片中的位置。可能有很多不同的答案。
get some money 翻译:取点钱
get some information about the town 翻译:获取一些关于这个城镇的信息
get some magazines 翻译:买些杂志
buy a newspaper 翻译:买份报纸
have dinner 翻译:吃晚饭
buy some stamps 翻译:买一些邮票
get a dictionary 翻译:买本字典
get a pair of shoes 翻译:买双鞋
1b. Listen and complete the conversations in the picture in 1a. 翻译:1b.听录音,完成 1a 图中的对话。
Conversation 1 Girl: Excuse me, could you tell me where I can buy some stamps? 翻译: 对话 1 女孩:打扰一下,你能告诉我哪里能买到邮票吗?
Boy: Yes. There's a post office on Center Street. 翻译: 男孩:当然。中心大街上有一个邮局。
Girl: Oh, could you tell me how to get to Center Street? Boy: Sure. You see that bank there? 翻译: 女孩:哦,你能告诉我怎么去中心大街吗? 男孩:当然。你看到那边的银行了吗?
Girl: Hmm ... oh, yes. Boy: Just go past the bank and then turn right. 翻译: 女孩:嗯⋯⋯哦,看到了。 男孩:路过银行,然后右转。
The post office is on the right, next to the library. Girl: Thanks a lot! 翻译:邮局在右边,挨着图书馆。 女孩:非常感谢!
Conversation 2 Boy: Excuse me, do you know where I can get a dictionary? 翻译: 对话 2 男孩:打扰一下,你知道哪里能买到字典吗?
Girl: Sure. There's a bookstore on Main Street. Boy: Oh, could you please tell me how to get there? 翻译: 女孩:当然。商业主街有一个书店。 男孩:哦,你能告诉我怎么到达那里吗?
Girl: Yes. Go along Center Street and then turn left on Main Street. 翻译: 女孩:当然。沿着中心大街一直走,到商业主街左转。
Then you will see the bookstore on the other side of the street. 翻译:然后你会看到书店在街道的另一边。
Boy: Thanks! Do you know when the bookstore closes today? Girl: I think it closes at 7:00 p.m. today. 翻译: 男孩:谢谢!你知道书店今天什么时候关门吗? 女孩:我想是今天晚上 7 点关门。
1c. Make conversations using the information in 1a. 翻译:1c.使用 1a 中的信息进行对话。
Then talk about your own town / city. 翻译:然后谈谈你自己的城镇/城市。
Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get to the bookstore? 翻译:打扰一下,你能告诉我去书店怎么走吗?
Sure, just go along Main Street until you pass Center Street. 翻译:当然可以,沿着商业主街一直走到中央大街。
The bookstore is on your right, beside the bank. 翻译:书店在你的右边,银行的旁边。
Thanks. Do you know when the bookstore closes today? 翻译:谢谢你。你知道书店今天什么时候关门吗?
It closes at 7:00 p.m. today. 翻译:今天晚上 7 点关门。
2a. Listen. You will hear some of the directions below. 翻译:2a.听一听。你会听到下面的一些指示。
Number the directions in the order you hear them. 翻译:按照你听到的顺序给指示编号。
Boy 1: Excuse me, can you tell me where I can buy some medicine? 翻译:男孩 1:打扰一下,你能告诉我哪里能买到药吗?
Boy 2: Yes, there's a supermarket in this shopping center. Boy 1: Do you know how to go there? 翻译: 男孩 2:可以,在这个购物中心有一个超市。 男孩 1:你知道怎么去那里吗?
Boy 2: Yes. Go to the second floor and then ... then turn left. Let's see ... 翻译: 男孩 2:知道。去二楼,然后⋯⋯然后左转。我看看⋯⋯
Then go past the bookstore. And umm ... the supermarket is between the flower store and the bookstore. 翻译:然后路过书店。嗯⋯⋯超市就在花店和书店中间。
You should be able to get medicine there. Boy 1: OK, great. 翻译:你可以在那里买到药。 男孩 1:太好了。
Oh, and one more thing. Do you know when this shopping center closes tonight? 翻译:哦,还有一件事。你知道购物中心今晚什么时候关门吗?
Boy 2: I'm not sure, but you can ask for information over there. Boy 1: OK, thanks a lot. Boy 2: You're welcome. 翻译: 男孩 2:我不确定,但是你可以去那边问问。 男孩 1:好的,非常感谢。 男孩 2:不客气。
2b. Listen again. 翻译:2b.再听一遍。
Draw a line in the picture above to show how the boy walks to the supermarket. 翻译:在上图中画一条线,展示这个男孩是如何走到超市的。
Boy 1: Excuse me, can you tell me where I can buy some medicine? 翻译: 男孩 1:打扰一下,你能告诉我哪里能买到药吗?
Boy 2: Yes, there's a supermarket in this shopping center. Boy 1: Do you know how to go there? 翻译: 男孩 2:可以,在这个购物中心有一个超市。 男孩 1:你知道怎么去那里吗?
Boy 2: Yes. Go to the second floor and then ... then turn left. Let's see ... 翻译: 男孩 2:知道。去二楼,然后⋯⋯然后左转。我看看⋯⋯
Then go past the bookstore. And umm ... the supermarket is between the flower store and the bookstore. 翻译:然后路过书店。嗯⋯⋯超市就在花店和书店中间。
You should be able to get medicine there. Boy 1: OK, great. 翻译:你可以在那里买到药。 男孩 1:太好了。
Oh, and one more thing. Do you know when this shopping center closes tonight? 翻译:哦,还有一件事。你知道购物中心今晚什么时候关门吗?
Boy 2: I'm not sure, but you can ask for information over there. Boy 1: OK, thanks a lot. Boy 2: You're welcome. 翻译: 男孩 2:我不确定,但是你可以去那边问问。 男孩 1:好的,非常感谢。 男孩 2:不客气。
2c. Make conversations about the other places in the picture in 2a. 翻译:2c.就 2a 中的图片里的其他地方进行对话。
Excuse me, do you know where I can get some postcards? 翻译:打扰一下,你知道哪里可以买到明信片吗?
Sure. Go to the second floor. There's a bookstore between the bank and the supermarket. 翻译:当然知道。去二楼。在银行和超市之间有一家书店。
2d. Role-play the conversation. 翻译:2d.角色扮演对话。
This is Fun Times Park, the biggest amusement park in our city! 翻译:这就是欢乐时代公园——我们这座城市最大的游乐园!
I'm excited to try the rides! 翻译:就要玩各种游乐项目了,我好兴奋呀!
What should we start with? There's Space World, Water World, Animal World ... 翻译:我们先玩哪样呢?有太空世界、水世界、动物世界⋯⋯
Before we decide, could you first tell me where the restrooms are? 翻译:在我们决定之前,麻烦你能先告诉我哪儿有洗手间( restroom)吗?
Pardon? Restroom? You want to rest? But we haven't even started yet! 翻译:什么?休息室?你想要休息了?我们可还没有开始玩呢!
Oh no, I don't mean that. I mean ... you know, a washroom or bathroom. 翻译:不是的,我不是指休息的地方。我是说⋯⋯你知道,一间洗手间或卫生间。
Hmm ... so you mean ... the toilet? 翻译:嗯⋯⋯那么你是指⋯⋯厕所吗?
Yes! 翻译:对啦!
Sorry, maybe people in China don't often use the word 'restroom' when they speak English. 翻译:不好意思,也许中国人说英语时不常用restroom这个词。
That's right. In China, we normally say 'toilet' or 'washroom' in English. 翻译:就是的,我们常说toilets或washrooms。
Anyway, they're over there. 翻译:不过,厕所在那里。
OK. I'll be quick! 翻译:知道了,我一会儿就好!
No problem. You don't need to rush! 翻译:没问题。你不必赶的!
3a. Read the conversation and answer the questions below. 翻译:3a.阅读对话并回答以下问题。
1. Why did Alice not want to go on the new ride? 翻译:1.为什么艾丽斯不想开始新的项目?
How did she feel after the ride? 翻译:她玩了一个项目后感觉如何?
2. What is special about Uncle Bob's restaurant? 翻译:2.鲍勃叔叔的餐厅有什么特别的地方?
Should Alice and He Wei get there early for dinner? Why? 翻译:艾丽斯和何伟应该早点去那里吃晚餐吗?为什么?
Fun Times Park — Always a Fun Time! 翻译:欢乐时代公园——总是欢乐时光!
[Alice and He Wei are in Space World.] 翻译:【艾丽斯和何伟在太空世界。】
I wonder where we should go next. 翻译:我不知道我们接下来该去哪里。
How about that new ride over there? 翻译:去玩玩那边那个新项目怎样?
Well ... it looks scary. 翻译:嗯⋯⋯看上去挺吓人的。
Come on! I promise it'll be exciting! 翻译:勇敢些!我保证会很好玩!
If you're scared, just shout or hold my hand. 翻译:如果害怕就喊出来或抓住我的手。
[After the ride ...] 翻译:【乘坐后⋯⋯】
You were right! That was fun! I was scared at first, but shouting did help. 翻译:你是对的!这个真的好玩!我起先有些怕,但喊叫还真管用。
See, that wasn't so bad, right? You never know until you try something. 翻译:瞧,这并不糟糕,对吧?你需要去尝试,否则永远都不会知道你能行。
Yes, I'm so glad I tried it! 翻译:是啊,我真高兴自己尝试了这个项目!
Do you want to go to Water World now? 翻译:现在你想去水世界吗?
Sure, but I'm getting hungry. 翻译:当然,但我饿了。
Do you know where we can get some good food quickly? 翻译:你知道哪里有又好吃又快的地方?
Of course! I suggest Water City Restaurant in Water World. It serves delicious food. 翻译:当然知道!我建议去水世界的水城餐馆。他们做得很好吃。
Great! Let's go! 翻译:太好了!我们去吧!
[On their way to Water City Restaurant, Alice and He Wei pass by Uncle Bob's.] 翻译:【在去水城餐馆的路上,艾丽斯和何伟路过鲍勃叔叔餐厅。】
Look! This restaurant looks interesting. The sign says a rock band plays here every evening. 翻译:你瞧!这间餐厅看上去挺有意思的。牌子上写着有个摇滚乐队每晚在这演奏。
Why don't we come back here for dinner later? 翻译:我们为何不回头过来在这吃晚饭?
Let's ask what time the band starts playing. 翻译:咱们去问一下乐队演出几点开始。
[Alice and He Wei walk up to a staff person at the door.] 翻译:【艾丽斯和何伟向门口的员工走去。】
Excuse me, could you tell us when the band starts playing this evening? 翻译:劳驾,请问你们乐队今天晚上何时开始演奏?
Eight o'clock. 翻译:八点。
The restaurant is always busy at that time, so come a little earlier to get a table. 翻译:那时人总是很多,所以得来早一点才有桌子。
OK. Thank you! 翻译:好的。谢谢!
3b. Underline the questions or statements in the conversation that ask for information. 翻译:3b.在对话中询问信息的问题或陈述下面划线。
Rewrite them in a different way. 翻译:用不同的方式重写它们。
I wonder where we should go next. 翻译:我想知道我们下一站该去哪里。
Could you tell me where we could go next? 翻译: 你能告诉我下一站我们能去哪里吗?
Grammar Focus 翻译:语法聚焦
Excuse me, do you know where I can buy some medicine? 翻译:打扰一下,你知道哪里可以买到药吗?
Sure. There's a supermarket down the street. 翻译:当然。这条街上有一家超市。
Could you please tell me how to get to the post office? 翻译:你能告诉我邮局怎么走吗?
Sorry, I'm not sure how to get there. 翻译:很抱歉,我不知道怎么去那里。
Could you tell us when the band starts playing this evening? 翻译:你能告诉我们今晚乐队什么时候开始演出吗?
It starts at 8:00 p.m. 翻译:晚上 8 点开始。
I wonder where we should go next. 翻译:我想知道我们下一站该去哪里。
You should try that new ride over there. 翻译:你应该试试那边的新项目。
4a. Rewrite the questions to make them more polite. 翻译:4a.改写问题,使其更有礼貌。
1. Where can I buy some grapes or other fruit? 翻译:1. 哪里可以买到葡萄或其他水果?
2. Where can I find a policeman? 翻译:2. 我在哪里可以找到警察?
3. How do I get to the Central Library? 翻译:3. 去中心图书馆怎么走?
4. Is the Italian restaurant nearby open on Mondays? 翻译:4. 附近的意大利餐厅周一营业吗?
4b. What should each person ask in the following situations? 翻译:4b.在下列情况,每个人应该问什么?
1. Tim is very hungry. 翻译:1. 蒂姆很饿。
Could you tell me where I can get something to eat? 翻译:你能告诉我哪里能买到吃的吗?
Excuse me, can you tell me how I can get to a nearby restaurant? 翻译:打扰一下,你能告诉我怎么去附近的餐馆吗?
Pardon me, do you know if there's a restaurant around here? 翻译:抱歉,你知道这附近有餐馆吗?
2. Sally needs to mail a letter. 翻译:2. 萨莉需要寄一封信。
3. Helen needs to know when the bike shop closes. 翻译:3. 海伦需要知道自行车店什么时候关门。
4. Ben is wondering if there's a bank in the shopping center. 翻译:4. 本想知道购物中心里是否有银行。
4c. Write four questions that a tourist might ask about your town / city. 翻译:4c.写下游客可能会问的关于你的城镇/城市的四个问题。
Then role-play conversations with your partner. 翻译:然后与你的搭档角色扮演。
Excuse me, could you please tell me where the nearest bank is? 翻译:打扰一下,你能告诉我最近的银行在哪里吗?
Sure. You go east along this street ... 翻译:当然。你沿着这条街往东走⋯⋯
Section B 翻译:B 部分
1a. What qualities are important for each place? 翻译:1a.什么品质对每个场所都很重要?
Write the words from the box next to each place below. Write the most important words first. 翻译:将方框中的单词填入下方场所中。首先写下最重要的。
interesting 翻译:有趣的
inexpensive 翻译:不贵的
uncrowded 翻译:不拥挤的
beautiful 翻译:美丽的
safe 翻译:安全的
fascinating 翻译:极有吸引力的
quiet 翻译:安静的
big 翻译:大的
convenient 翻译:方便的
clean 翻译:干净的
Places 翻译:场所
1. restroom 翻译:1. 洗手间
2. museum 翻译:2. 博物馆
3. restaurant 翻译:3. 餐厅
4. park 翻译:4. 公园
5. subway 翻译:5. 地铁
6. mall 翻译:6. 商场
Qualities 翻译:品质
clean, 翻译:干净的,
1b. Talk about places in your city using the words in 1a. 翻译:1b.用 1a 中的单词谈论你所在城市里的场所。
The Fine Arts Museum is really interesting. 翻译:美好美术馆真的很有趣。
Yes, and it's beautiful, too. 翻译:是的,而且它还很漂亮。
1c. Listen to the conversations and complete the sentences. 翻译:1c.听对话,完成句子。
Conversation 1 Boy: Could you tell me where there's a good place to eat? Clerk: Of course. 翻译:对话 1 男孩:你能告诉我哪里有吃东西的好地方吗? 职员:当然。
There are a lot of good restaurants in Sunville. 翻译:阳光城有很多好餐厅。
What kind of food are you looking for? Boy: I'd like fresh vegetables. 翻译:你想吃哪种食物? 男孩:我想吃新鲜蔬菜。
Clerk: I'd try Green Land. They have delicious salads. 翻译: 职员:我推荐绿地。他们有美味的沙拉。
Conversation 2 Girl: Do you know if there are any public restrooms around here? 翻译: 对话 2 女孩:你知道这附近有没有公共洗手间?
Clerk: Yes. You'll find some at the corner of Market and Middle Streets. 翻译: 职员:有的。你可以在商场的角落和中街找到洗手间。
Girl: Umm ... are they clean? Clerk: Oh, yes. They're very clean. 翻译: 女孩:嗯⋯⋯它们干净吗? 职员:哦,当然。它们很干净。
Conversation 3 Mother: Could you tell me if there is a good museum in Sunville? 翻译: 对话 3 母亲:你能告诉我阳光城有没有不错的博物馆吗?
Clerk: Well, we have several. What kind of museums do you like — History? Science? A children's museum? 翻译: 职员:嗯,我们有几个。你喜欢哪种博物馆——历史博物馆?科学博物馆?儿童博物馆?
Father: What about history? I like history museums. They're fascinating. Girl 1: Oh, Dad! History museums are boring. 翻译: 父亲:历史博物馆怎么样?我喜欢历史博物馆。它们很棒。 女孩 1:哦,爸爸!历史博物馆太无聊了。
Let's go to a science museum. Boy: Science? We always go to science museums. 翻译:我们去科学博物馆吧。 男孩:科学博物馆?我们总是去科学博物馆。
I want to go to a children's museum. They're more fun. 翻译:我想去儿童博物馆。那里更有趣。
Girl 2: Well, I'm too old for a children's museum. 翻译: 女孩 2:嗯,我年纪有点大,不适合去儿童博物馆。
Why don't we go to an art museum? 翻译:为什么我们不去美术博物馆呢?
Clerk: Why don't you go to the computer museum? 翻译: 职员:你们为什么不去电脑博物馆呢?
There are a lot of fun things for children there. 翻译:那里有很多适合孩子的有趣的东西。
You can learn all about the history of computers, as well as learn about science. 翻译:你们可以了解电脑的所有历史,也能了解科学。
Mother: That's a great idea! Let's go to the computer museum. 翻译: 母亲:那真是个很棒的主意!我们去电脑博物馆吧。
1d. Listen again. Check you answers in 1c. 翻译:1d.再听一遍。检查 1c 中的你的答案。
Conversation 1 Boy: Could you tell me where there's a good place to eat? Clerk: Of course. 翻译: 对话 1 男孩:你能告诉我哪里有吃东西的好地方吗? 职员:当然。
There are a lot of good restaurants in Sunville. 翻译:阳光城有很多好餐厅。
What kind of food are you looking for? Boy: I'd like fresh vegetables. 翻译:你想吃哪种食物? 男孩:我想吃新鲜蔬菜。
Clerk: I'd try Green Land. They have delicious salads. 翻译: 职员:我推荐绿地。他们有美味的沙拉。
Conversation 2 Girl: Do you know if there are any public restrooms around here? 翻译: 对话 2 女孩:你知道这附近有没有公共洗手间?
Clerk: Yes. You'll find some at the corner of Market and Middle Streets. 翻译: 职员:有的。你可以在商场的角落和中街找到洗手间。
Girl: Umm ... are they clean? Clerk: Oh, yes. They're very clean. 翻译: 女孩:嗯⋯⋯它们干净吗? 职员:哦,当然。它们很干净。
Conversation 3 Mother: Could you tell me if there is a good museum in Sunville? 翻译: 对话 3 母亲:你能告诉我阳光城有没有不错的博物馆吗?
Clerk: Well, we have several. What kind of museums do you like — History? Science? A children's museum? 翻译: 职员:嗯,我们有几个。你喜欢哪种博物馆——历史博物馆?科学博物馆?儿童博物馆?
Father: What about history? I like history museums. They're fascinating. Girl 1: Oh, Dad! History museums are boring. 翻译: 父亲:历史博物馆怎么样?我喜欢历史博物馆。它们很棒。 女孩 1:哦,爸爸!历史博物馆太无聊了。
Let's go to a science museum. Boy: Science? We always go to science museums. 翻译:我们去科学博物馆吧。 男孩:科学博物馆?我们总是去科学博物馆。
I want to go to a children's museum. They're more fun. 翻译:我想去儿童博物馆。那里更有趣。
Girl 2: Well, I'm too old for a children's museum. 翻译: 女孩 2:嗯,我年纪有点大,不适合去儿童博物馆。
Why don't we go to an art museum? 翻译:为什么我们不去美术博物馆呢?
Clerk: Why don't you go to the computer museum? 翻译: 职员:你们为什么不去电脑博物馆呢?
There are a lot of fun things for children there. 翻译:那里有很多适合孩子的有趣的东西。
You can learn all about the history of computers, as well as learn about science. 翻译:你们可以了解电脑的所有历史,也能了解科学。
Mother: That's a great idea! Let's go to the computer museum. 翻译: 母亲:那真是个很棒的主意!我们去电脑博物馆吧。
1e. Role-play the conversations between the clerk and the tourists. 翻译:1e.角色扮演店员和游客之间的对话。
Can you tell me where there's a good place to eat? 翻译:你能告诉我哪里有吃东西的好地方吗?
Of course. What kind of food do you like? 翻译:当然。你喜欢什么样的食物?
2a. Where do you need to make polite requests? 翻译:2a.在什么情形你需要礼貌地提要求?
Think of some possible situations. Discuss them with your partner. 翻译:想一想一些可能的情况。和你的搭档讨论一下。
2b. Read the article and underline the topic sentence for each paragraph. 翻译:2b.阅读文章,在每段的主旨句下划线。
USING SUITABLE LANGUAGE In different situations, 翻译:使用合适的语言 在不同的情况下,
you need to choose and use suitable language based on cultural knowledge. 翻译:你需要根据文化知识选择和使用合适的语言。
Could You Please ...? 翻译:请问,您可以⋯⋯吗?
When you visit a foreign country, it is important to know how to ask for help politely. 翻译:当你到外国游玩,了解如何礼貌地请求帮助十分重要。
For example, you may ask 'Where are the restrooms?' or 'Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?' These are similar requests for directions. 翻译:例如,你可能会问Where are the restrooms?( 卫 生 间 在 哪 里?)或Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?(您能告诉我卫生间在哪里吗?)这些均是对问路去某处近似于请求的问句。
Both are correct, but the first one sounds less polite. 翻译:两者都是正确的英语,但第一句听着却不那么礼貌,
That is because it is a very direct question. 翻译:这是因为它提问过于直接。
It is not enough to just ask a question correctly. 翻译:仅仅正确地问问题是不够的。
We also need to learn how to be polite when we ask for help. 翻译:当我们求助的时候,还需要学习如何表达才有礼貌。
Good speakers change the way they speak in different situations. 翻译:优秀的说话者在不同情境会改变自己说话的方式。
The expressions they use might depend on whom they are speaking to or how well they know each other. 翻译:他们所使用的表述或许取决于他们与谁交谈,以及与谈话者之间的熟悉程度。
It is all right to ask your classmates direct questions because you know them well. 翻译:你对你的同学问话直接是完全得当的,原因是你很熟悉你的同学。
However, if you say to your teacher, 'When is the school trip?' this might sound impolite. 翻译:然而,如果你对老师说When is the school trip?(学校郊游在什么时候?),这也许会听着不够礼貌;
But if you say, 'Excuse me, Mr. West. 翻译:但要是你说Excuse me, Mr. West. Do you know when the school trip is?(请问,韦斯特老师,
Do you know when the school trip is?', this will sound much more polite. 翻译:您知道学校什么时候郊游吗?),这听起来就要礼貌得多。
Usually polite questions are longer. 翻译:通常,礼貌的问题要长一些,
They include expressions such as 'Could you please ...?' or 'May I ask ...?' 翻译:并且包含诸如Could you please...?或Can I ask...?这样的语言内容。
It sounds more polite to say, 'Peter, could you please tell me your e-mail address?' 翻译:这样说听上去更有礼貌:Peter, could you please tell me your e-mail address?(彼得,麻烦你给我说一下你的电邮地址好吗?)
than 'Peter, tell me your e-mail address.' Sometimes we even need to spend time leading into a request. 翻译:而不是说Peter, tell me your e-mail address.(彼得,把你的电邮地址告诉我。)有时我们甚至需要花些时间来导入我们的请求。
For example, we might first say to a stranger, 'Excuse me, I wonder if you can help me' 翻译:例如,面对陌生人,我们或许先说:Excuse me, I wonder if you can help me(劳驾,我想您能否帮我一下)
or 'I'm sorry to trouble you, but ...' before asking for help. 翻译:或I’m sorry to trouble you, but ...(十分抱歉打扰您,可是⋯⋯),之后才说出所请求帮助的内容。
It might seem more difficult to speak politely than directly. 翻译:礼貌措辞比起直白说话似乎要难一些,
However, it is important to learn how to use the right language in different situations. 翻译:但是,学习如何在不同情境下使用得当的语言是很重要的。
This will help you communicate better with other people. 翻译:这会帮助你与他人更好地进行交流。
Pardon me, could you please tell me where to park my car? 翻译:对不起,你能告诉我在哪里停车吗?
Sure. There's an underground parking lot over there. 翻译:当然。那边有一个地下停车场。
Where's the post office? 翻译:邮局在哪里?
Sorry. I can't help you. 翻译:很抱歉。我帮不了你。
2c. Find the direct questions and polite requests from the passage. 翻译:2c.从短文中找出直接的问题和礼貌的要求。
2d. Read the requests below. 翻译:2d.阅读下面的请求。
In the second column, write A if you would say it to someone you know and B if you would say it to a stranger. 翻译:在第二栏中,如果你想对你认识的人说,写 A,如果你想对陌生人说,写 B。
In the last column, write where you think these people are. 翻译:在最后一栏中,写下你认为的这些人在哪里。
Request 翻译:请求
Person 翻译:人物
Place 翻译:地点
1. Will you pass the salt? 翻译:1. 你能把盐递给我吗?
2. Do you know where I can change some money, please? 翻译:2. 请问,你知道哪里可以兑换一些钱吗?
3. Could you tell me what just happened? 翻译:3. 你能告诉我刚刚发生了什么事吗?
4. Can you please tell me where the nearest station is? 翻译:4. 你能告诉我最近的车站在哪里吗?
5. Excuse me, do you know what time it begins, please? 翻译:5.打扰一下,请问你知道它什么时候开始吗?
6. Let me know when you're ready, OK? 翻译:6.准备好了就告诉我,好吗?
7. Could you possibly tell me the way to the village school? 翻译:7.你能告诉我去乡村学校的路吗?
3a. Imagine you are going on a short study vacation at a school in an English-speaking country. 翻译:3a.想象一下,你将要去一个英语国家的学校里度过一个短暂的学习假期。
What would you like to know before you go? 翻译:在你去之前,你想知道什么?
Write some polite, indirect questions about the following topics. 翻译:写一些关于以下主题的礼貌、间接的问题。
Topic 翻译:话题
Question 翻译:问题
The course you will study 翻译:你要学习的课程
The time of the course 翻译:课程时间
Where and what you can eat 翻译:你可以在哪里吃什么
Where you will stay 翻译:你会待在哪里
What activities you can do 翻译:你能做什么活动
Travel to the school 翻译:去学校旅行
Other 翻译:其他
3b. Write a polite letter to the school asking for the information you want to know. 翻译:3b.给学校写封礼貌的信,询问你想知道的信息。
Use your notes in 3a. 翻译:使用 3a 中的笔记
In your letter, you should: introduce yourself say when you are coming 翻译:在你的信中,你应该: 自我介绍 说你什么时候来
politely ask for information thank the person for helping you 翻译: 礼貌地询问信息 感谢帮助你的人
Self Check 翻译:自我检查
1. Fill the banks with the words in the box. 翻译:1. 用方框中的单词填空。
corner 翻译:角落
direct 翻译:直接的
polite 翻译:有礼貌的
rush 翻译:匆忙
suggest 翻译:建议
plan 翻译:计划
2. Write questions and answers using the words given. 翻译:2. 用所给的单词写问题和答案。
Q: Could you please tell me where I can buy a magazine? 翻译:问题:你能告诉我哪里能买到杂志吗?
A: There's a bookstore on the third floor. 翻译: 回答:三楼有一家书店。
最新学习记录 更新时间:2025-08-30 05:23:18