人教新目标版八年级下册英语UNIT 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came?课文音频

版本: 人教新目标版
年级: 八年级下册
切换教材
英语朗读宝人教新目标版八年级下册课文UNIT 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came?单元提供重点句子点读跟读音频MP3、句子中文翻译朗读,听力磨耳朵等功能,内容同步2025最新教材英语电子课本,助力初中生轻松掌握课文语法,吃透本单元课文。
免费下载音频
英语朗读宝人教新目标版八年级下册课文UNIT 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came?单元提供重点句子点读跟读音频MP3、句子中文翻译朗读,听力磨耳朵等功能,内容同步2025最新教材英语电子课本,助力初中生轻松掌握课文语法,吃透本单元课文。

UNIT 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came?课文翻译及听力音频

  • UNIT 5 翻译:第 5 单元

  • What were you doing when the rainstorm came? 翻译:暴风雨来的时候你在做什么?

  • Section A 翻译:A 部分

  • Language Goals: Talk about past events; Tell a story 翻译:语言目标: 谈论过去的事件; 讲述一个故事

  • What were people doing yesterday at the time of the rainstorm? 翻译:昨天暴风雨来临的时候,人们在做什么?

  • 1a. Where were the people at the time of the rainstorm? 翻译:1a.暴雨发生时人们在哪里?

  • Match the statements with the people in the picture. 翻译:将句子与图片中的人物相匹配。

  • 1. I was in the library. 翻译:1. 我在图书馆。

  • 2. I was in my house. 翻译:2. 我在家里。

  • 3. I was on the street. 翻译:3. 我在街上。

  • 4. I was at the bus stop. 翻译:4. 我在公共汽车站。

  • 1b. Listen to the TV report and circle the correct responses. 翻译:1b.听电视报道,圈出正确的回答。

  • The weather is beautiful today! But yesterday's rainstorm was the heaviest one so far this year. 翻译:今天的天气好极了!但是昨天的暴风雨是今年到目前为止最猛烈的一场。

  • So, what were people doing yesterday at the time of the rainstorm? 翻译:那么,昨天暴风雨来临的时候,人们正在做什么?

  • —I was at home doing my homework. 翻译: ——我在家做作业。

  • But I could hear the heavy rain against my bedroom window. 翻译:但是我可以听到大雨敲打着卧室窗户的声音。

  • —I was reading at the library after school. I'm so glad I didn't decide to play basketball! 翻译: ——放学后我在图书馆里看书。我很庆幸自己没有决定去打篮球!

  • —I was waiting for the bus after work. Then the rain suddenly started and I got all wet. 翻译: ——下班后我在等公共汽车。然后突然开始下起雨来,我全身都湿透了。

  • —I was walking home from the supermarket. Luckily, I had an umbrella, but I still got wet! 翻译: ——我正从超市往家走。幸运的是,我带了雨伞,但是我仍然湿透了!

  • Looks like many people were caught in the rain yesterday. Many took hours to get home. 翻译: 看起来,似乎许多人昨天都被困在了这场雨里。许多人花了几个小时才到家。

  • 1c. 翻译:1c.

  • Talk about what the people in 1a were doing at the time of the rainstorm. 翻译:谈谈暴风雨来临时,1a 的人们正在做什么。

  • What was the girl doing at the time of the rainstorm? 翻译:暴风雨来临时,那个女孩在干什么?

  • She was ... 翻译:她在⋯⋯

  • 2a. Listen and number the pictures [1-5]. 翻译:2a.听录音,为图片按【1-5】的顺序排序。

  • Yesterday was a terrible day. My alarm didn't go off so I woke up late. 翻译:昨天是糟糕的一天。我的闹钟没有响,因此我醒来晚了。

  • It was seven thirty when I woke up, and I needed to be at school by eight! 翻译:当我醒来时七点半了,而我需要在八点前到校!

  • I ran to the bus stop, but I still missed the bus. 翻译:我向公共汽车站跑去,但我仍然错过了公共汽车。

  • It was eight thirty when I got to school. 翻译:当我到学校时已经八点半了。

  • My teacher was angry and I felt bad all day. 翻译:我的老师很生气,我一整天都感到很糟糕。

  • At four thirty, it was time to go home. I was waiting for the bus when ... 翻译:在四点半,到该回家的时间了。我正在等公共汽车,这时⋯⋯

  • all of a sudden ... it began to rain heavily. It was like ... a really crazy rainstorm! 翻译:突然⋯⋯开始下起大雨来。就像是⋯⋯一场十分猛烈的暴风雨!

  • I thought I had an umbrella in my schoolbag, so I kept trying to look for it. 翻译:我想起我的书包里有一把伞,所以我一直在努力寻找它。

  • I was so busy looking for the umbrella that I didn't see a car coming. 翻译:我忙着找雨伞,以至于我没有看到一辆小汽车过来。

  • And it got water all over me! I was waiting like that ... completely wet ... 翻译:它溅了我一身水!我就那样在等车⋯⋯身上完全湿透地⋯⋯

  • for maybe almost an hour. Finally, the bus came and brought me home. 翻译:等了差不多一个小时。最后,公共汽车来了并且带我回了家。

  • I took a hot shower and ate some warm food. It felt so good to be home! 翻译:我洗了个热水澡,吃了些暖和的食物。在家的感觉真好!

  • 2b. Listen again. Fill in the blanks in the sentences in 2a. 翻译:2b.再听一遍录音。在 2a 句子中的空白处填空。

  • 2c. 翻译:2c.

  • Use the information in 2a to retell the story in a conversation between the boy and a TV reporter. 翻译:利用 2a 中的信息,用男孩和电视记者的对话复述故事。

  • Tell us what happened yesterday morning. 翻译:告诉我们昨天早上发生了什么事。

  • So, when the rainstorm suddenly came, what were you doing? 翻译:那么,当暴风雨突然来临时,你在干什么?

  • 2d. Role-play the conversation. 翻译:2d.分角色表演对话。

  • What were you doing last night, Linda? 翻译:琳达,昨天晚上你在干什么?

  • I called at seven and you didn't pick up. 翻译:我七点给你打电话结果你没接。

  • Oh, I was in the kitchen helping my mom. 翻译:哦,我(那会儿)正在厨房给我妈妈帮忙。

  • I see. I called again at eight and you didn't answer then either. 翻译:我知道了。那我八点又给你打电话,你也没接。

  • What was I doing at eight? Oh, I know. 翻译:八点我在干什么呢?哦,我知道了。

  • When you called, I was taking a shower. 翻译:你打电话的时候我正在洗澡。

  • But then I called again at nine. 翻译:可是我九点又打了一次电话。

  • Oh, I was sleeping at that time. 翻译:哦,九点我睡觉了。

  • So early? That's strange. 翻译:那么早啊?这就奇怪了。

  • Yeah, I was tired. Why did you call so many times? 翻译:是啊,我累了。你为什么给我打那么多次电话呢?

  • I needed help with my homework. 翻译:我的作业需要帮忙。

  • So while you were sleeping, I called Jenny and she helped me. 翻译:所以你睡觉的时候,我给珍妮打了电话,她帮了我。

  • 3a. Read the passage and answer the questions. 翻译:3a.阅读文章,回答问题。

  • 1. What was the weather like before the heavy rain started? 翻译:1. 大雨开始前的天气怎么样?

  • 2. What was the neighborhood like after the storm? 翻译:2. 暴风雨过后,附近的街道是什么样子的?

  • The Storm Brought People Closer Together 翻译:暴风雨把人们的距离拉近了

  • Ben could hear strong winds outside his home in Alabama. 翻译:本能听见自己在阿拉巴马州家外面传来强劲的风声。

  • Black clouds were making the sky very dark. With no light outside, it felt like midnight. 翻译:乌云把整个天空都变得黑压压的。屋子外面没有灯,感觉像到了午夜。

  • The news on TV reported that a heavy rainstorm was in the area. 翻译:电视里报道说猛烈的暴风雨已经到了这个地区。

  • Everyone in the neighborhood was busy. 翻译:社区里的每个人都在忙碌。

  • Ben's dad was putting pieces of wood over the windows while his mom was making sure the flashlights and radio were working. 翻译:本的爸爸把一块块木头钉在窗户上,此时他的妈妈正在确认手电筒和收音机是否都能正常使用。

  • She also put some candles and matches on the table. 翻译:她还把一些蜡烛和火柴放在了桌子上。

  • Ben was helping his mom make dinner when the rain began to beat heavily against the windows. 翻译:本正帮着妈妈做晚饭的时候,外面的雨开始重重地敲打着窗子。

  • After dinner, they tried to play a card game, 翻译:晚饭后,他们原本想打牌,

  • but it was hard to have fun with a serious storm happening outside. 翻译:但外面的暴风雨太猛烈了,他们实在很难有打牌的心情。

  • Ben could not sleep at first. He finally fell asleep when the wind was dying down at around 3:00 a. m. 翻译:一开始本睡不着。到了凌晨 3 点,外面的雨逐渐小了,他才入睡。

  • When he woke up, the sun was rising. 翻译:当他醒过来的时候,太阳正冉冉升起。

  • He went outside with his family and found the neighborhood in a mess. 翻译:他和家人出门一看,发现整个社区都是乱糟糟的。

  • Fallen trees, broken windows and rubbish were everywhere. They joined the neighbors to help clean up the neighborhood together. 翻译:到处可见被刮倒的树、破碎的窗子和垃圾。他们和邻居们一同帮着把社区打扫干净。

  • Although the storm broke many things apart, it brought families and neighbors closer together. 翻译:虽然暴风雨把很多东西都破坏了,但它把家人们和邻居们之间的距离拉得更近了。

  • 3b. Complete the sentences using information from the passage. 翻译:3b.用短文中的信息完成句子。

  • 3c. Discuss the questions with a partner. 翻译:3c.与搭档讨论问题。

  • 'Although the storm broke many things apart, it brought families and neighbors closer together.' 翻译:“尽管暴风雨把许多东西都破坏了,但它把家人们和邻居们之间的距离拉得更近了。”

  • What other things can bring people closer together? 翻译:还有什么东西能使人们更紧密地团结在一起?

  • How can we help each other in times of difficulty? 翻译:在困难的时候我们怎样互相帮助?

  • Grammar Focus 翻译:语法焦点

  • What were you doing at eight last night? 翻译:昨晚八点你在干什么?

  • I was taking a shower. 翻译:我在洗澡。

  • What was she doing at the time of the rainstorm? 翻译:暴风雨来临时她在干什么?

  • She was doing her homework. 翻译:她正在做作业。

  • What was he doing when the rainstorm came? 翻译:暴风雨来的时候他在干什么?

  • He was reading in the library when the rainstorm came. 翻译:暴风雨来临时,他正在图书馆看书。

  • What was Ben doing when it began to rain heavily? 翻译:天开始下大雨时本在干什么?

  • When it began to rain, Ben was helping his mom make dinner. 翻译:天开始下雨时,本正在帮妈妈做晚饭。

  • What was Jenny doing while Linda was sleeping? 翻译:琳达睡觉时珍妮在做什么?

  • While Linda was sleeping, Jenny was helping Mary with her homework. 翻译:琳达睡觉时,珍妮正在帮玛丽做作业。

  • 4a. 翻译:4a.

  • Look at the table and write sentences with both while and when. 翻译:看表格,分别用 while 和 when 写句子。

  • John 翻译:约翰

  • Mary 翻译:玛丽

  • take photos 翻译:照相

  • walk towards the shop 翻译:朝商店走去

  • play the piano 翻译:弹钢琴

  • leave the house 翻译:离开家

  • clean his room 翻译:打扫他的房间

  • turn on the radio 翻译:打开收音机

  • shop 翻译:购物

  • take the car to the car wash 翻译:把车送到洗车行

  • While John was taking photos, Mary was walking towards the shop. 翻译:约翰在拍照时,玛丽正朝商店走去。

  • John was taking photos while Mary was walking towards the shop. 翻译:当玛丽走向商店时,约翰正在拍照。

  • 4b. Fill in the blanks with was, were, when or while. 翻译:4b.用 was、were、when 或 while 进行填空。

  • 4c. What were you doing at these times last Sunday? 翻译:4c.上星期天的这些时候你在干什么?

  • Fill in the chart. Then ask your partner. 翻译:填表。然后问问你的搭档。

  • What were you doing at nine o'clock last Sunday morning? 翻译:上周日早上九点你在干什么?

  • I was sleeping. How about you? 翻译:我在睡觉。你呢?

  • I was doing my homework. 翻译:我在做作业。

  • You're kidding! 翻译:你在开玩笑吧!

  • 9:00 a.m. 翻译:上午 9 点

  • 11:30 a.m. 翻译:上午 11 点 30 分

  • 4:00 p.m. 翻译:下午 4 点

  • 9:00 p.m. 翻译:晚上 9 点

  • Section B 翻译:B 部分

  • 1a. Think of a time when you were late for or couldn't go to an event. 翻译:1a.想一想你参加活动迟到或不能去参加活动的时候。

  • What was the event? What was the reason why you were late or couldn't go? 翻译:是什么活动?你迟到或不能去的原因是什么?

  • Tell your partner the story. 翻译:把这个故事告诉你的伙伴。

  • 1b. Listen and write short answers to the questions. 翻译:1b.听录音,写下这些问题的简短回答。

  • —Hey, Kate, why weren't you at the school basketball competition yesterday? 翻译:——嘿,凯特,你昨天为什么没有来看学校的篮球赛?

  • I called you so many times, but you didn't answer. 翻译:我给你打了那么多次电话,但是你都没有接。

  • —Sorry, John. I left my phone at home. 翻译: ——对不起,约翰。我把手机落在家里了。

  • —What were you doing at the time of the competition? 翻译: ——比赛时你在做什么?

  • —Well, I left my house late and when the competition started, I was still making my way to school. 翻译: ——噢,我离开家很晚了,当比赛开始的时候,我仍然在去学校的路上。

  • —Then what happened? 翻译: ——后来发生什么事了?

  • —When I got to the bus stop, I realized that my bag was still at home! 翻译: ——当我到达公共汽车站时,我意识到我的书包仍然在家里!

  • —But why didn't you just go home to get your bag? 翻译: ——但是你为什么没有直接回家去拿你的书包呢?

  • —I did, but while I was running back home, I saw a dog by the side of the road and it was hurt. 翻译: ——我回去了,但是在我往回跑的路上,我看见一条狗在路边,它受了伤。

  • —Oh, so I'm sure you helped the dog. I know how much you love animals. 翻译: ——噢,所以我确信你帮助了那条狗。我知道你有多么热爱动物。

  • —Yes, I wanted to call the Animal Helpline, but I didn't have my phone so I had to wait for someone to walk by. 翻译: ——是的,我想打电话给动物救助热线,但是我没有手机,因此我不得不等着有人路过。

  • Then I used his phone to call the helpline. 翻译:然后我用他的电话拨打了求助热线。

  • —OK. No wonder you didn't make it to the competition. 翻译: ——好吧。难怪你没有赶上比赛。

  • —Yes, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, but I'm happy that your team won! 翻译: ——是的,非常抱歉我没有在那儿给你加油,但是我很高兴你们队获胜了!

  • 1c. Listen again. 翻译:1c.再听一遍录音,

  • Number the events [1-6] in the order they happened. 翻译:按照事情发生的时间顺序为下列事件排序【1-6】。

  • —Hey, Kate, why weren't you at the school basketball competition yesterday? 翻译:——嘿,凯特,你昨天为什么没有来看学校的篮球赛?

  • I called you so many times, but you didn't answer. 翻译:我给你打了那么多次电话,但是你都没有接。

  • —Sorry, John. I left my phone at home. 翻译: ——对不起,约翰。我把手机落在家里了。

  • —What were you doing at the time of the competition? 翻译: ——比赛时你在做什么?

  • —Well, I left my house late and when the competition started, I was still making my way to school. 翻译: ——噢,我离开家很晚了,当比赛开始的时候,我仍然在去学校的路上。

  • —Then what happened? 翻译: ——后来发生什么事了?

  • —When I got to the bus stop, I realized that my bag was still at home! 翻译: ——当我到达公共汽车站时,我意识到我的书包仍然在家里!

  • —But why didn't you just go home to get your bag? 翻译: ——但是你为什么没有直接回家去拿你的书包呢?

  • —I did, but while I was running back home, I saw a dog by the side of the road and it was hurt. 翻译: ——我回去了,但是在我往回跑的路上,我看见一条狗在路边,它受了伤。

  • —Oh, so I'm sure you helped the dog. I know how much you love animals. 翻译: ——噢,所以我确信你帮助了那条狗。我知道你有多么热爱动物。

  • —Yes, I wanted to call the Animal Helpline, but I didn't have my phone so I had to wait for someone to walk by. 翻译: ——是的,我想打电话给动物救助热线,但是我没有手机,因此我不得不等着有人路过。

  • Then I used his phone to call the helpline. 翻译:然后我用他的电话拨打了求助热线。

  • —OK. No wonder you didn't make it to the competition. 翻译: ——好吧。难怪你没有赶上比赛。

  • —Yes, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, but I'm happy that your team won! 翻译: ——是的,非常抱歉我没有在那儿给你加油,但是我很高兴你们队获胜了!

  • 1d. Talk about why Kate missed the school basketball competition. 翻译:1d.谈谈凯特为什么会错过学校的篮球比赛。

  • Student A begins a sentence with while or when. Student B completes the sentence. 翻译:学生 A 以 while 或 when 作为一个句子的开头。学生 B 来完成句子。

  • When the school basketball competition started ... 翻译:当学校篮球比赛开始时⋯⋯

  • When the school basketball competition started, Kate was still making her way to school. 翻译:当学校篮球比赛开始时,凯特还在去学校的路上。

  • 2a. Look at the pictures and title in the passage. 翻译:2a.看文章中的图片和标题。

  • What do you think the passage is about? 翻译:你认为这篇文章的是关于什么的?

  • 2b. Read the passage and answer the questions. 翻译:2b.阅读文章,回答问题。

  • 1. What are the two events in the passage? 翻译:1. 文章中的两个事件是什么?

  • 2. When did they happen? 翻译:2. 它们是什么时候发生的?

  • Reading the Title and First Sentences The title can be helpful for you to understand a text. 翻译:阅读标题和第一句话 标题有助于你理解课文。

  • It is also a good idea to read the first sentence of each paragraph 翻译:最好先阅读每一段的第一句话,

  • before you read the whole text. 翻译:在阅读全文之前。

  • Do You Remember What You Were Doing? 翻译:你记得当时你在做什么吗?

  • People often remember what they were doing when they heard the news of important events in history. 翻译:当人们听说一个重大历史事件的消息时,他们通常都会记得自己在做什么。

  • In America, for example, many people remember what they were doing on April 4, 1968. 翻译:例如,在美国,很多人都记得 1986 年 4 月 4 号那天自己在做什么。

  • This was an important event in American history. 翻译:当天发生了美国历史上的一个重大事件。

  • On this day, Dr. Martin Luther King was killed. 翻译:这一天,马丁·路德·金博士被杀害了。

  • Although some people may not remember who killed him, they remember what they were doing when they heard the news. 翻译:虽然有些人不一定记得是谁杀了他,但是他们都记得听到这一消息时,自己当时在干什么。

  • Robert Allen is now over 50, but he was a school pupil at that time. 翻译:现年 50 多岁的罗伯特·艾伦当时还是个小学生。

  • 'I was at home with my parents,' Robert remembers. 翻译:“我当时和父母在家里,”罗伯特回忆说,

  • 'We were eating dinner in the kitchen when we heard the news on the radio. 翻译:“我们听到电台新闻的时候正在厨房吃晚饭。

  • The news reporter said Dr. King died just ten minutes ago. My parents were completely shocked! 翻译:新闻记者报道说金博士在十分钟前去世了。我的父母都惊呆了!

  • My parents did not talk after that, and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence.' 翻译:他们之后谁都没有说话,我们安静地吃完了晚饭。”

  • More recently, most Americans remember what they were doing when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists. 翻译:更近一些的,大多数美国人都记得当纽约的世贸中心被恐怖分子摧毁的时候他们在干什么。

  • Even the date — September 11, 2001 — has meaning to most Americans. 翻译:甚至2001年9月11日这个日子,对于大多数美国人而言都具有(特殊的)含义。

  • This was a day Kate Smith will never forget. 翻译:这是凯特·史密斯永远不会忘记的一天。

  • She remembers working in her office near the two towers. 翻译:她记得当时自己正在双子塔附近的办公室工作。

  • 'My friend shouted that a plane just hit the World Trade Center! 翻译:“我的朋友尖叫着说飞机撞上世贸中心了!

  • I didn't believe him at first, but then I looked out of the window and realized that it was true. 翻译:我一开始不相信他,但当我向窗外望去时,才意识到那是真的。

  • I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that.' 翻译:我当时吓得脑子一片空白,什么都想不清楚了。”

  • 2c. Read the passage again. 翻译:2c.再读一遍课文。

  • Are the following statements true (T) or false (F), or is the information not given (NG)? 翻译:下面的陈述是正确的(T)还是错误的(F),或者没有给出信息(NG)?

  • 1. Everyone in America remembers who killed Dr. King. 翻译:1.每个美国人都记得是谁杀了金博士。

  • 2. Robert Allen was eating lunch when Dr. King was killed. 翻译:2.罗伯特·艾伦正在吃午饭,当金博士遇害时。

  • 3. Robert's parents were shocked to hear the news. 翻译:3. 罗伯特的父母听到这个消息感到震惊。

  • 4. Kate Smith was watching a movie when a plane hit the World Trade Center. 翻译:4. 当一架飞机撞上世贸中心时,凯特·史密斯正在看电影。

  • 5. Kate didn't think her friend was telling the truth about the event. 翻译:5.凯特认为关于这件事,她的朋友说的不是实话。

  • 2d. 翻译:2d.

  • Underline sentences from the passage with similar meanings to the ones below. 翻译:在短文中与下列句子含义相似的句子下面划线。

  • 1. Not everyone will remember who killed him but they can remember what they were doing when they heard that he got killed. 翻译:1. 不是每个人都会记得是谁杀了他,但他们会记得当听说他被杀害时,自己在做什么。

  • 2. No one said anything for the rest of dinner. 翻译:2. 晚餐剩下的时间里没人说话。

  • 3. 翻译:3.

  • September 11, 2001 — the date alone means something to most people in the US. 翻译:2001 年 9 月 11 日——这一天对大多数美国人来说意义重大。

  • 4. I had trouble thinking clearly after that because I was very afraid. 翻译:4. 在那之后,我很难清楚地思考,因为我非常害怕。

  • 2e. 翻译:2e.

  • How much do you remember about the events in the passage? Test your partner. 翻译:关于文章中提到的的事件,你记得多少?测一测你的搭档。

  • When did Dr Martin Luther King die? 翻译:马丁·路德·金博士是什么时候去世的?

  • He died on ... 翻译:他去世于⋯⋯

  • 3a. Make notes about an event you remember well. 翻译:3a.记下一件你记得很清楚的事情。

  • What was the event? 翻译:那是什么事件?

  • When did it happen? 翻译:它是什么时候发生的?

  • Where did it happen? 翻译:它是在哪里发生的?

  • What were you doing? 翻译:你在干什么?

  • What were your friends doing? 翻译:你的朋友们在做什么?

  • Why was it important? 翻译:为什么它很重要?

  • Why do you remember this event? 翻译:你为什么记得这件事?

  • 3b. Write a short article about the important event in 3a. 翻译:3b.写一篇关于 3a 中提到的重要事件的短文。

  • Try to write three paragraphs. 翻译:试着写三段话。

  • First, write about the event (when and where it happened). 翻译:首先,写下事件(发生的时间和地点)。

  • Next, write about 翻译:接下来,写下

  • what you and some of your friends were doing when this event happened. 翻译:当这件事发生时,你和你的一些朋友们正在做什么。

  • Then, write about why this event was important. 翻译:然后,写下这件事为什么很重要。

  • Self Check 翻译:自我检查

  • 1 Fill in the blanks with when or while. 翻译:1 用 when 或 while 填空。

  • 2 Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the words in brackets. 翻译:2 用括号中单词的正确形式填空。

最新学习记录 更新时间:2025-04-26 11:18:44

最新初中人教新目标版八年级下册资讯

暂无资讯...